(22) 𝐤𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐚 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ALL THEY COULD DO NOW IS WAIT FOR CLARY AND JACE TO COME BACK WITH THE CUP. There was nothing they could do to help Isabelle and that made Adelaide angry. The fate of her life was resting on whether or not Clary would be nice enough to give up the mortal cup. But right now, all she has cared about has been herself and her mother. Isabelle had told her yes to becoming parabatai but they couldn't do anything until they knew that she would still have her shadowhunter abilities after all this.

Adelaide sighs as she stands in the weapons room by herself, needing to take a breath. She hears a knock making her turn around and see Alec who was leaning against the frame. He had his hands in his pockets and was offering a kind smile. Adelaide only sighs, sitting down in the chair behind her.

"Thank you, for standing up for Izzy." Alec decides to break the silence and Adelaide nods her head, glancing at him for a moment. He sighs, looking around the room before his eyes settle on her. "Look, I know you're mad-" He admits but he is cut off by Adelaide who shakes her head at him.

"I'm not, Alec." She tells him and Alec furrows his eyebrows, he thought that she was still angry after the fights that they had. "Lydia seems like a great person... I believe she'll make you happy." It pained Adelaide to say it, but it was true. If she made Alec happy, then that was all that mattered. Alec stares at her curiously, moving into the room.

"Really?" He asks, almost thinking she was going to turn around and say she was kidding and that she thought he was screwing up his entire life.

"Mhmm." She replies as tears prickle her eyes. Adelaide looks down at the ground, trying to hide them but Alec notices it. Concern immediately flooding his entire body.

"Why are you crying?" Alec asks, a worried expression on his face as he moves towards her. She only shakes her head, crossing her arms against her chest.

"What if they don't bring the cup?" She questions him and he sighs, looking down for a moment. It was a possibility that they wouldn't bring it but he believes that Jace will do the right thing.

"They will." Alec tells her, but she only tilts her head, not believing him.

"Alec." She tries, a little more firmly as she wanted him to tell her the truth.

"They will." He says, and she sighs before nodding her head. "I'm glad you're okay." Alec admits as he smiles down at her but she doesn't return it, she only becomes more emotional.

"I'm not okay, Alec." Adelaide confesses and he only furrows his eyebrows, reaching towards her in order to take her hand. "I know who my father is." She tells him, sniffling as she shakes her head. Alec processes what she told him, his heart stopping for a moment.