(4) 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 ✔︎

chapter four

chapter four

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE AND ALEC BOTH MAKE THEIR WAY OVER TO JACE AND A DISTRAUGHT CLARY AS THEY WALK OUT OF THE CAVE. Alec was the first to notice them and so he was a little closer to them than Adelaide was. His eyes flicker between the pair, his eyebrows furrowing. "What is it? What did you find out?" Alec asks them as he crossed his arms against his chest. Jace hesitates, glancing at Clary for a moment before he breathed deeply. Adelaide only glances at Alec who moves his eyes to her for a second, running them over her.

"Valentine is Clary's father." Jace tells them and Alec stops for a moment. Adelaide wasn't surprised, it hadn't been hard to put together. She knew of Jocelyn and Valentine's relationship so it wasn't a stretch to presume that Clary was their daughter.

"Wait, so you're telling me that this girl shows up out of nowhere and she's Valentine's daughter? Did it never occur to you that she may be a spy." Alec snaps at the blonde, his trust for Clary was now nonexistent as he wanted to accuse of being a spy when she hadn't even been a shadowhunter for a day.

"Do you think I planned for my mother to get kidnapped or Dot or to have a sword dangled over my head. Really?" Clary sneers at the man who only clenches his jaw a little bit. Just because she acted like she didn't know, didn't mean he was going to give her the benefit of the doubt.

"He was just being cautious." Adelaide tells her as he knew Alec meant no harm. It was better to question her than have her actually be a spy and get information out of them for Valentine.

"If anyone's a spy it's you." Clary says before gesturing to the raven haired girl. Adelaide raises an eyebrow, amused by her statement. "I didn't know anything about the shadow world until yesterday but here you are, they don't know anything about you either." She adds, crossing her arms against her chest. Adelaide pokes her tongue in the inside of her cheek, squinting her eyes at the redhead. Jace glances at Alec who was only now staring at the ground.

"Just because I keep my personal life personal, does not mean I'm a spy." Adelaide states as she stares back at the girl. Of course she was the most logical choice of being a spy but she wasn't going to let Clary accuse her so bluntly.

"You knew didnt you?" Clary asks and the girl only perks up an eyebrow, wanting her to elaborate. Adelaide wasn't going to admit anything without any proof. "About Valentine." She adds and Adelaide shakes her head, keeping her face blank.

"No." She states and Clary only scoffs, clenching her jaw as she takes a step closer to the girl. Adelaide goes to turn around when Clary grips her arm harshly.