(21) 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE WAS SITTING AT HER TABLE COLOURING HER BOOK, her parents were cooking dinner and all that could be heard was the music that was playing. Well, they were supposed to be cooking dinner but instead they were upstairs doing something. Adelaide wanted to follow but her mother forced her to stay downstairs so she took out her colouring book in order to pass the time.

She heard a commotion upstairs but didn't think anything of it, instead continuing with her drawing. Adelaide could hear footsteps coming down the stairs but she didn't pay it any mind.

"You can't just turn her into some monster and kick me out of her life." Dean follows after Marissa as the woman walks down the stairs. Adelaide glances over, furrowing her eyebrows, not knowing who the man was.

"I said no." Marissa states as she doesn't even look back at him, instead moving over to Adelaide who smiles as her mom sits down next to her. Marissa ignores Dean's glare, instead focusing on her daughter's drawing.

"You don't deserve to have her, she belongs with me." Dean snaps at the woman in front of him, she was a vile woman but he knew he could never fight her in order to get Adelaide back.

"You aren't taking her from me." Marissa tells Dean who's jaw clenches as he looks towards adelaide. She was so innocent and didn't even know what was going on. Dean glares at Marissa again before ultimately walking towards the door, not glancing back.

The door then shut and little did she know, the man would walk out of her life forever.

Her eyes open slowly, catching Magnus' attention as he immediately moves towards her, gripping onto her hand. Adelaide sighs, turning her head to see the figure kneeling over her. "Hey, buttercup." Magnus' voice rings through her ears as she squeezes her eyes shut for a moment. A groan leaves her lips as she brings her hands up to rub her face. "You got me worried there for a second." He admits as she opens her eyes again, seeing the man looking down at her with tearful eyes. Adelaide furrows her eyebrows, her whole head still foggy.

"What happened." She asks as she tries to sit up but Magnus stops her, knowing how weak she must be right now.

"You stupidly used your abilities at the same time but luckily you were able to keep them together." Magnus tells her and she furrows her eyebrows, glancing around the room.

"Am I dead." Magnus smiles at her, shaking his head as he strokes her hair back.

"Okay, you still need to rest." He admits and she sighs, turning onto her side as her eyes stare into his.