(26) 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ARRIVING AT CAMILLE'S APARTMENT, it's alot more nice than Adelaide wanted to admit. She hated the woman but she had good taste, Adelaide had to give her that. She glanced around the room, raising her eyebrows as it looked like a palace.

"I thought the underground parking was nice." Simon mutters to them and adelaide nods her head in agreement. She trails her hand along the wall as she sees the endless rows of books.

"Wow, you've got a lot of books." Alec points out as if reading her mind as they all look around the room.

"I've got a lot of time on my hands." Camille points out as she walks throughout the room.

"Welcome home, Madam Belcourt." A man tells her and Adelaide believes he was a servant. Who has a servant nowadays?

"This place creeps me out." Isabelle mumbles as she glances around, grimacing lightly.

"Let's check the perimeter." Alec tells them as he didn't like the feeling he was getting from this place.

"Good idea. If I know Camille, she's got a trick or three up her sleeve." Magnus tells them before physically blocking Adelaide from walking towards them "Not you." He says and she only rolls her eyes but turns around to walk towards Simon as the rest of them leave the room.

"I still don't get it. If you have this place then why live at the hotel DuMort?" Clary asks as she glanced over her shoulder, climbing down from the ladder she was on.

"The DuMort has too many rules. Think of it as Gracie mansion. Its the official residence but it doesn't mean I have to live there." She explains to them as she tilts her head. "This place gives me the freedom to indulge in certain.. proclivities." She finishes with a smirk as she tilts her head, grabbing one of the ink pens and moving towards Simon.

"I think the mayor has the same problem." He says sarcastically before Camille pokes him. "Ow!" Simon says catching their attention as they look over to see Camille holding a pen and Simon's hand.

"Come with me." Camille says as she drags Simon over to the desk where she points at something. "On the dotted line." She tells him sweetly with a smirk. Simon glances over at Clary who only nods her head. Simon sighs before signing his name where Camille wanted. "Thank you." Camille tells him as she picks up the paper and hands it to her servant.

"He did what you asked. Now give us the book of the white." Clary demands and Camille rolls her eyes a little bit as she walks towards the redhead.