(18) 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐮 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE HAD GOTTEN A MESSAGE TELLING HER THAT SOMETHING HAD HAPPENED AT THE INSTITUTE. She wasn't sure exactly what was wrong but she instantly went there because she was scared something bad happened. Adelaide walks into the institute, looking around as she tried to find Isabelle or Alec.

"I'm back---" She stops dead in her tracks as she sees the sight in front of her. Alec was sitting on the table, a huge gash on his arm making her eyes widen. "Oh, my god." Adelaide let's out a gasp as she rushes towards him, her hand immediately grabbing his arm lightly. "Alec, what happened?" She asks as she looks at the man who winces slightly, still feeling the pain from getting attacked.

"A forsaken got into the institute." Alec tells her, watching as her eyes run over his wound, her finger tracing around it.

"That's not possible." Adelaide says, shaking her head as even a forsaken couldn't have gotten past the wards.

"It had seelie blood meaning angel properties." Alec tells her and she processes the news for a moment. It had to be Valentine, who else would it be. And if they have seelie blood, they're at risk for more attacks.

"I'll activate your rune." She states as she takes out her stele, lifting up his shirt so that the rune on his ribs was revealed.

"It'll still take time to heal." He tells her and she nods her head as she runs her stele over his rune causing him to wince. She gives him a sympathetic look before letting his shirt fall down

"I upped my wards but it'll only slow them down." Magnus announces, glancing over at Alec and Adelaide who were still staring at each other.

"You can't stay here." Alec tells her, catching the girl off guard a little bit as her eyebrows furrow. Why was he wanting to throw her out all of a sudden?

"What?" Adelaide asks him and Alec sighs, moving closer towards her and she could see the concern in his eyes.

"Valentine is sending the forsaken after those who turned on him, what if he comes for you too." He says and she was confused on why Valentine would be after her again. But he wasn't about to let her roam free either so Adelaide saw where Alec's worry was coming from.

"I can protect myself, Alec." She promises but Alec shakes his head, his jaw clenching.

"Not this time. It took both me and Hodge to take it down." Alec points out and Adelaide felt butterflies in her stomach, she didn't know Alec cared about her this much and she didn't know how it made her feel. Adelaide reaches for his hand, grabbing a hold of it and squeezing it.