(8) 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 ✓

chapter eight

chapter eight

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE HAD FULLY HEALED FROM THE DEMON SO SHE WAS READY TO GET BACK TO WORK. That was if Magnus would let her. She got why he was so overprotective of her but she could handle herself. She knew how to fight and she wasn't a stranger to her power. Adelaide just didn't use it because she didn't want to draw attention to herself.

Magnus had waited on her hand and foot, she was the only person he would do that for. Every second she even looked like she was going to ask something, he was by her side. It was sweet but it did get annoying and she wanted to be alone because she had a big decision to make. One that was already made for her.

"Magnus, I am fine. Can you stop invading my privacy?" She asks as she looks over towards the door. Only a second later, Magnus peeks his head inside after being caught.

"I'm sorry, I am just worried. Is that a crime?" He asks with a scoff, crossing his arms. Adelaide stares at him, shaking his head as she gets up from her bed and walks over to him.

"It is if you won't leave me alone for a second." She points out making Magnus scowl at her for a moment before holding his hands up in surrender.

"Fine. Be alone." Magnus says as he starts slowly walking to the door in order to leave. He peeks over his shoulder to see her still staring at him. "I am an excellent caretaker though." He adds as he puts his hand on the door knob. Magnus looks back again but Adelaide only shakes her head making him roll his eyes "Have it your way." He says, leaving the room. Adelaide laughs lightly but follows him out, she had to leave anyways.

"If you would just ask where I'm going, you wouldn't have to snoop." Adelaide tells him, seeing him practically drop her phone onto the table where she left it, acting like he wasn't just looking through it.

"I'm not snooping." Magnus tells her and she only raises an eyebrow, crossing her arms against her chest. "Okay, I was." He admits with a sigh before noticing her bag next to her on the chair.  "Where are you going?" He asks as she hadn't told him that she needed to be anywhere.

"To Idris." She tells him and she could see the confused expression on his face. Adelaide only went to Idris if she was summoned there, she never went on her own volition.  "I'm requesting to be transferred." Adelaide says and Magnus' eyes widen at the information. She was leaving him voluntarily.

"Out of New York?" Magnus questions as she knew he would either take the news really well.. or he would take it like he normally did which was be overdramatic.