He Chose Love [Candy Cutie x Red Velvet]

Content: Human Cookies, swearing, collar/leash (non-sexual - it'll make sense once you start lol), lots of kissing and touching (non-sexual), suggestive joking, lots of angst regarding Red Velvet's relation to Dark Enchantress but followed up with comforting, scene with vaguely described ankle twist, lots of crying, and Chiffon. Chiffon! Baby Chiffon makes everything better.

This was going to be a reader insert but Valentine's Day 2021 was a very, very dark time for me. I was in a poly relationship and my partners emotionally abused me while I was on medication that left me very vulnerable, starting on Valentine's Day. It was a horrible mess that dragged out for months and it left a huge mark on me.

So, I decided that I'd reclaim the holiday by writing Red Velvet and Candy Cutie finally. This is also my longest story so far at nearly 2k words because I'm really inspired for this ship.

Also, Candy Cutie/Malachi as a human is 5'5 and I like to imagine Red Velvet is about an entire foot taller than him. Take that information as you will.

---

"You've been unusually obedient today. What are you planning?"

The two are standing above the ovens as Red Velvet had to give commands to his Cakes all morning, but now that he could finally part from his task, it's become all too obvious to him that his captive is not quite his normal self. He narrows his eyes at Candy Cutie and tugs at the leash attached to the collar around the other's neck to prompt a response. Pomegranate had argued that keeping the other in a closed cell only meant rejection of their offer for Candy Cutie to join them and so the leash became a necessity for the time being. It wouldn't do to have such a powerful bomber class fighter running around freely.

"Hm..? Not plannin' anything. I'm just tired.."

Candy Cutie mumbles and yawns, wobbling a little on his feet. His tail twitches downwards twice if he lies but this time, it only continues its usual slow sway back and forth. Seeing the other male so drowsy makes Red Velvet's lip curl up in a bit of a cocky smirk. Seems even the most energetic of people can be worn down — something Dark Enchantress will praise him for. They need Candy Cutie to join their ranks and what better way than to deny him basic needs then give them back again, only to repeat the process? Or at least, that's what he tells himself, trying to justify torturing the other. It doesn't usually work because he's found a soft spot in his heart for him in the couple of months he's been imprisoned here. The smirk dies right away.

"I've completed my tasks for now. I'll take you back to your room."

The mention of "your room" makes Candy Cutie's expression darken. In reality he had been sleeping in the room right next door to Red Velvet's and it's painfully obvious that it's not meant for proper rest, only having an uncomfortable mat on the floor and a buzzer for when he needs anything. Red Velvet notices the change of energy and he feels guilty for a brief moment before mentally shoving it down. Pleasing his mother figure has to be priority or his ass would get reamed again. How could she claim he's her "precious son" then tell him he's not good enough, that he's a disappointment—

He shakes his head roughly to let go of those bitter thoughts and Candy Cutie observes his dilemma in silence. Even though the atmosphere is tense, that didn't stop Candy Cutie from reaching out and holding the pinky finger of his Cake hand. The gesture causes Red Velvet's heart to skip a beat or two, not having been shown affection like this before, especially not from someone who has been treated so awfully by him.

"I don't know what you're thinkin' about but it'll be okay."

"Do not speak to me as if you understand the situation in full."