Pint-Sized Payment [multiple Cookies]

Content: human Cookies, there are very small children, 100% wholesome, panic and crying (and little angst at the end..) but it's okay please trust me on this one, also Chiffon eats chocolate but I headcanon Cakehounds can do that without getting ill because they're Cakes lol, sappy cute handholding because it's my aesthetic

Included Cookies: White Lily, Red Velvet, Candy Cutie, Vampire, also Candy Cutie/Malachi's older brother Aiken but named Acorn Cookie (just for the sake of this plot - he won't show up often though)

Sorry I went MIA - but I did get my Discord back! Discord banned it and reverted the email address back so I could re-activate it. I haven't seen anything suspicious since but damn was that terrifying. But then I had to go MIA for surgery and other treatment stuff. The surgery was minor but the eardrops to prevent infection caused issues and I had to go to the ER. rip

ANYWAYS. This story was inspired by a tweet I happened to see about cashiers and tormenting children in checkout lines. Enjoy!

---

"Mommy, the line over here is short!"

With his Cookie hand, Red Velvet waves to his guardian to come to a checkout line he found with only one man and another kid in it. White Lily giggles at his proud expression and speeds up the cart a little to catch up with him.

"You did so well finding us a place in line, Red Velvet! Why don't you get yourself a candy?"

She pats his head and he beams with joy, his eyes lighting up at the mention of candy. He slips by their cart to look at the candy rack but accidentally bumps into the much smaller child that's already in line. A soft squeak can be heard and they both turn around.

"Oop, I'm sorry! Are you okee?"

The teeny tiny boy in a frog-themed raincoat and matching rubber rain boots, barely more than half of Red Velvet's size despite him being the average height of a five-year-old, looks up at him with the biggest green eyes he has ever seen as he apologizes. But why is he apologizing? His odd little way of speaking – accompanied by more squeaks and even some chirps – intrigues Red Velvet.

"But... I bumped you..?"

"Oh, it's okee... It happens! My name's Candy Cutie. How 'bout chu?"

"Red Velvet... How old are you?"

"Five!"

"Really?! Me too! How are you so small?"

The two continue chatting up a storm as both White Lily and the other man watch them with huge grins on their faces. Come to find out, both of them are entering Missus Hollyberry's class for kindergarten in the upcoming school year and they're more than excited to start school together.

"Candy, we need to move out of the way for Red Velvet's mom to check out. Come on."

The man with Candy Cutie nudges the child away from the pay station but steers the cart off to the side so that the two can keep talking. He's so happy to see the two becoming friends so quickly, talking about hanging out with one another on the "big kid" playground and their favorite things.

"You love your son a lot, don't you?"

White Lily smiles sweetly at him and he flusters, waving a hand.

"Ah, no, I'm his older brother. My name is Acorn."

"Oh, my apologies! I'm White Lily."

"White Lily? The Ancient?"

Acorn seems shocked. She laughs, having forgotten that Ancients being out and about is a much newer thing they began to do.

"Yes! Just like– Oh no! I forgot Pure Vanilla's birthday card! Red Velvet, stay here while I go find one, okay?"