Sorbet Shark HCs [Gender & Shipping]

I've had this brainrot for awhile now and decided to finally share. Being a trans man myself, it's actually kind of comforting to write masculine or androgynous characters as being assigned female at birth (AFAB). Dunno if any others have similar headcanons though, mostly see people referring to Sorbet as masculine.

Also, I'm referring to Sorbet Shark as "Sorbaby" just because it's cute!

This particular part is cut up into three sections because after the gender stuff, I've included Reader x Sorbaby headcanons and my own personal ship with Sorbaby x Mei. I'll include an image of Mei at the end. :3

—•—•—

» Sorbaby was born/baked originally as a female cookie (or as female as cookies get in terms of biology... don't think about it too hard I guess).

» Growing up in the ocean, gender identity wasn't something ocean cookies really thought about! As such, Sorbaby was always indifferent to gender roles and stereotypes.

» Sorbaby never developed a feminine figure even after the cookie equivalent of puberty and so they never truly see themselves as female. However, they also don't see themselves as male, and so they would rather others call them by neutral terms.

» Due to being AFAB, Sorbaby retained a very high pitched voice that surprises others. They have no intention of trying things like voice training both because of their on-land speech being just bubbles and their indifference to gender stereotypes.

» Sometimes Sorbaby gives into putting on some cat eyeliner and light makeup – of course they always get waterproof! It's just because at times they like to appear prettier than their usual plain looks.

» Sorbaby also keeps their shirts partially open because they're comfortable with their body. Their chest size is flat and so they get away with not having to wear a bra or anything.

—•—•—

» When you take Sorbaby to the beach, they lose their aversion to the sea and love to drag you in with them. They also have fun carrying you on their back as they swim and having you cuddle them!

» On land, Sorbaby relies on you for teaching them things. They tend to wander off out of curiosity though – make sure to pay attention to your little shark!

» Sorbaby is willing to try anything from foods to activities to books to movies. They're very fond of garlic bread for some reason.

» Movies like Jaws, The Shallows, and Finding Nemo really make Sorbaby upset and so you're always on the lookout for pro-shark content. Shark Week is a blessing for you both – and since Sorbaby doesn't know their real birthday, you just make the entirety of Shark Week into a celebration!

—•—•—

» M'ei Chi (aka just Mei), an ex-soldier and war hero who spent most of his life on the frontlines of multiple wars and battles, now lives in a beach house located in a private lagoon. Even though the property is off-limits to strangers, he met Sorbaby in his waters by chance when they wandered in unknowingly.

» Always being drawn to water despite being a catboy, Mei loves to relax and nap in the sea. For his new lover, it means a lot of cuddling as they float on the gentle waves.

» Mei installed a much larger bathtub after he and Sorbaby began dating so that they could talk in the comfort of his home. It's quite often they do this because Sorbaby loves to hear Mei's stories from his time as a soldier.

» When the two are hanging out or napping out on the ocean, they hold hands much like sea otters do.

» Thanks to an event during the war, Mei is capable of breathing and talking underwater. This allows them to explore caves and reefs together!

» Mei does have a merman form but it's ridiculously massive because I was inspired by the Gargantuan Leviathan from Subnautica. Nonetheless, his tail extends well over a mile, and is short-furred (except where it meets his torso, where there's heavier fur). He's so long that when Sorbaby tried to get to the end of his tail, they got too tired and he had to wrap them up to bring them back to the surface for cuddles!

» As promised, Mei! This is my art of him. And yes, he is a Miqo'te from Final Fantasy XIV~

 And yes, he is a Miqo'te from Final Fantasy XIV~