Traitor, Savior [RxAffogato]

• Author's Notes »
I'm changing the pre-story information setup I do to be more thorough along with maybe making things easier on my end regarding how I format my content. I'll go back and apply this formatting to previous parts, clean up some of the updates, and make other tweaks. If any stories get changed then I'll mention them.

• Main Characters » Reader x Affogato Cookie
• Relationship » romantic
• Forms » cookies
• Setting » inside the Cacao Kingdom walls

• Content »
+ minor swearing
+ affogato becomes possessive/rough
+ physical contact
+ mention of mind-altering incense (nothing truly happens as it's very brief/vague)
+ dark cacao is total dad vibes (dark choco smh you fucked up), actually knows affogato is up to some shit, but still wants a good outcome for him because dark cacao is a legitimate good dude thank you for coming to my ted talk

• Suggestive » no

———

The bitter cold swirling around you causes you to shiver, but as you're about to retreat to the inn you and your party are staying at, you notice a familiar shape gliding into a nearby alleyway. The fur mantle, decorated high bun, and elegant staff of Affogato Cookie are unmistakable. You glance back to your party who is entering the inn as originally planned but you leave their sides while they're distracted with their idle chattering.

The alleyways are numerous and you fear losing your target. It almost seems as if fate wants you to succeed though because, at every turn, you at least see the sweep of Affogato's fabrics around another corner. The cookie in question is as shady as one gets so if you could catch them doing something then...

Your journey is finally over as you turn one last corner into a rather wide alley with a single door on the west side of it. At the far end looks to be a shrine of sorts and Affogato stands before it in silence. You duck back into the shadows of the last alley but your efforts are for naught. He's already aware of your presence.

"Hello there."

Affogato's silky voice rings out as he turns to greet you, his feline-like eyes full of an enigmatic amusement that makes your whole body prickle. You step out into the dim light of the snowy daytime as it's no use trying to hold onto the idea he doesn't truly know you're there.

"... Hello."

Your tone sounds stiff and unfriendly, which makes him smirk at you. He knows damn well the effect he has on others. Seeing that smug look on his face ignites a fury in you but you smother it right away. Becoming aggressive would end very badly not just for you but for your allies too.

Affogato inspects you from a distance before coming closer, reaching out to gently play with a loose strand of hair hanging next to your face. The gesture alarms you and you freeze, unsure of how to react. His smirk is replaced with an expression that seems... gentle. Empathetic, even.

"You've been through many battles, hm? I can see a warrior when I meet one. Well, I suppose the information provided to me also helps. Quite the intriguing cookie you are."

Information? What does he know about you? The thought of him having secret knowledge of you makes you nervous. He takes note of your expression and frowns.

"I have no interest in using this information against you."

"How can I trust what you say? You're suspicious all the time. I know you've hurt a lot of people too."

Your harsh but truthful words make him grimace. He retracts his hand to adjust his mantle, now looking... ashamed? Is... is he flustering?

He turns away to go to the shrine without a word, this time lighting the incense. Even with the buildings blocking most of the wind, a slight breeze is biting at the two of you and threatening to put out the incense. The scene before you feels so melancholic.