Abbadon Pt 1

Isabelle saw the van and said, "Is it safe to sit?" Simon said "Safer than being strapped to the roof, which is your other option." as we crawled in and sat down Clary shouted "Shotgun!" I giggled as Alec grabbed his bow "Where?" Jace said, "She means she wants the front seat." Once at the apartment the three of them went to check it out first making me, Clary and Simon wait in the van. Once they got back, i think when Clary and Jace both told him that he was scared really hit him, because Alec ditched his bow for a pair of blades. We walked in the foyer and it smelled horrid making Jace say "Demons have been here, Recently, too." Clary said "But they're not still..." Jace shook his head "No. We would have sensed it. Still. She might have some questions to answer if the Clave hears she's been entertaining demons." Isabelle said "I doubt the Clave will be too pleased about any of this, On balance, she'll probably come out of it better than we do." Alec said "They won't care as long as we get the Cup in the end. Especially if we slaughter a few Forsaken while we do it."

Jace shook his head. "They're in the upstairs apartment. My guess is that they won't bother us unless we try to get in." Isabelle said, "What are you waiting for?" Clary held her hand out, so i grabbed it and we walked to her door stepping carefully. She knocked on the door and it swung open Dorothea standing in the entrance She immediately pulled us into a hug "Clary! Tia! Good Lord, girls, The last time I saw you, you were running out my door like it was on fire, and you were disappearing through my Portal. Where'd you end up?" Clary said "Williamsburg, And she ran back to the institute." Dorothea said "And they say there's no convenient public transportation in Brooklyn." She let us go opening the door inviting us all inside. She sat in her chair and said "I take it you haven't located your mother?" I sat on the arm of her chair making her move one hand to wrap around me as I said "No. But we know who took her." Dorothea said "Was it..."

Clary confirmed her suspicions "Valentine, Yes." Dorothea sighed "I feared as much. Do you know what he wants with her?" Clary said "I know she was married to him..." Dorothea grunted "Love gone wrong. The worst." Jace chuckled and Dorothea said "What's so funny, boy?" He said "What would you know about it? Love, I mean." Dorothea said "More than you might think, Didn't I read your tea leaves, Shadowhunter? Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?" he said "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself." she laughed "At least, you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland." He said "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting." she laughed again and Clary interrupted "You must be wondering why we're here Madame Dorothea." she said "Please, feel free to give me my proper title, as the boy did. You may call me Lady. And I assumed that you came for the pleasure of my company. Was I wrong?" Clary said "I don't have time for the pleasure of anyone's company. I have to help my mother, and to do that there's something I need."

Dorothea said "And what's that?" I said "It's something called the Mortal Cup, and Valentine thought our mother had it. That's why he took her." Dorothea was shocked "The Cup of the Angel? Raziel's Cup, in which he mixed the blood of angels and the blood of men and gave of this mixture to a man to drink, and created the first Shadowhunter?" Jace said "That would be the one," Dorothea said "Why on earth would he think she had it? Jocelyn, of all people? Because she wasn't Jocelyn Fray at all, of course, She was Jocelyn Fairchild, his wife. The one everyone thought had died. She took the Cup and fled, didn't she? So, do you know what you're going to do now? Wherever she's hidden it, it can't be easy to find... if you even want it found. Valentine could do terrible things with his hands on that Cup." Clary said, "I want it found, We want to..." 

Jace cut her off "We know where it is, It's only a matter of retrieving it." her eyes widened "Well, where is it?" Jace responded rather smugly "Here," she said "Here? You mean you have it with you?" Jace said "Not exactly, dear Lady, I meant that you have it." she snapped at him "That's not funny," Clary said "You do have it, but not..." she rose from the chair and said "You are mistaken, Both in imagining that I have the Cup, and in daring to come here and call me a liar." I quickly scrambled up and stood in front of her and said "No, they're not calling you a liar, I promise. They're saying the Cup is here, but you never knew it. I'm saying our mother hid it here, Years ago. She never told you because she didn't want to involve you." Jace said "So she gave it to you disguised, in the form of a gift." Clary said "The tarot deck, The cards she painted for you." She said "The cards?" Clary went over and grabbed the card saying "Here it is, Jace, Give me your stele." he pressed it into her hand and she traced some runes before pulling the cup from the card, then the card turned to Ash. 

Jace said, "Somehow, I thought it would be bigger." Clary said "It's a perfectly nice size," she said indignantly." he said, "Oh, it's big enough, but somehow I was expecting something ... you know." he gestured with his hands, and I said "A cat? You thought a cup would be as big as a cat?" Isabelle said "She's right It's the Mortal Cup, Jace, not the Mortal Toilet Bowl, Are we done now? Can we go?" Dorothea said "But it's damaged! How did that happen?" Clary said "Damaged?" and looked at the cup. Dorothea said "Here, let me show you," Clary shrank back as she reached for it, Jace got in front of her and said "No offense, but nobody touches the Mortal Cup except us."