Ch.10

Megan hadn't been in school since Adam had grabbed her. She didn't want to in case he tried something again.

Megan knew that Leigh was fuming about what had happened with Adam. And she wanted him gone from the school. But Rachel wouldn't allow it. Megan hadn't even talked to her mum at all.

Megan woke that morning and walked downstairs. She saw Leigh there. "Where's Max?" She asked.

"He's away at an LEA meeting. Why? Are you okay?" Leigh asked.

Megan sighed. "I just... I wanted to go back to school. And I feel more safer when he's there."

Leigh smiled. "He'll be back around break time. I'll text him to come straight there," she told her.

"Okay."

Leigh pulled her into an hug. "It's going to be okay. I promise you."

"I hope so."

***
Megan went into school. She saw her mum there and sighed. Rachel went to walk over when Megan walked away.

Rachel sighed. She felt Adam put his hand on her waist. "She'll come round. She always does."

"I hope so. She needs to understand that she can't treat you like that. She can't ruin us."

Adam smiled. "She won't ruin us. I love you Rachel."

"I love you too."

***
Megan smiled as she looked to see Tom. He walked over to her. "Hey. Are you okay?" He asked as he looked at her.

Megan nodded. "Yeah I guess. I'm just... everything seems so messy right now. And I just don't know what to do. I want to be happy. But at the same time, it doesn't feel like I'm ever going to be."

Tom smiled. "You will be happy. You just have to work on it. Focus on what you want from life."

"How? All I have is hurt in mine. My own mum doesn't want to know me," Megan all but sobbed.

Tom frowned. He had heard from Leigh what had happened. But he didn't know that Rachel didn't want to talk to her.

Tom looked to her. "Why don't you let me talk to your mum? I'll see if I can help you sort it," Tom said as he looked to her.

Megan shook her head and sighed. She looked to him. "I just don't wanna drag anyone else into this. I'm just... I don't know."

Tom smiled and nodded. "Well if you need to talk, then I'm here for you. Okay?"

"Okay. Thanks."

***
Max walked into the office. He smirked as he looked to Rachel. "You know, it's pretty shocking when Leigh calls me and asks me to come straight back here after my meeting as Megan feels safer when I'm here," he said.

Rachel scoffed. "Now I know you're lying. That wouldn't happen."

Max shrugged. He took out his phone and showed Rachel. She rolled her eyes. "Well you've obviously manipulated my girls then. Made Adam and I out to be bad. You're the bad one."

"Yet here I am. Protecting your youngest child because you don't believe her that your fiancée touched her.

Rachel glared. "You're not going to get away with this."

***
Megan sat in the common room. She looked up as Adam walked in. He smiled. "How are you doing?"

"Leave me alone."

Megan stood up and went to walk off. Adam grabbed her arm. "Just remember. I can ruin your life," he spat.

Megan walked off. But just what did Adam mean by what he had said?