Ch.17

Megan had been on edge ever since Adam had threatened her. She didn't want anything to happen to her sister. Or even her mum. She knew Adam was always messing with her head. And she hated it.

She knew she wanted to stop him. But she couldn't do it on her own. She needed help. She just didn't know who could help her.

She didn't want to risk anything happening to anyone she cared about. She didn't know how to deal with it. She couldn't cope.

All she knew was that her head was well and truly messed up. And she hated it.

When she woke that morning, she walked downstairs. She smiled as she saw her sister. Leigh looked to her. "Hey. I made bacon sandwiches. I got bored and been awake most of the night."

Megan sat down. She looked to her. "I need your help."

"What's happened?" Leigh asked as she looked to her. She knew it wasn't like Megan to ask for help. Especially as she always thought she could handle things herself.

Megan sighed. "Adam. He threatened me. He said he was going to make me watch as he killed you and mum. I don't want you to die," she sobbed.

Leigh held her close. She sighed. "He can't touch me babes. He won't get close enough to. I think he's just talking."

"I'm scared."

Leigh held her close as she smiled. "It's going to be okay. I promise you. Do you really think Max Tyler is going to let Adam near me?"

Megan sighed and looked to her. "But."

"No buts. Adam is all talk no action. Okay?" Leigh said.

***
Megan went into school. She saw her mum with Adam and sighed. Leigh nodded. "See, she's safe too. You're safe with me. I won't let anyone hurt you."

Megan nodded and walked off inside. She knew Leigh was right. And that she wouldn't let anything happen to her.

Tom smiled as he looked to her. "Hey. Am I going to be seeing you in the cooler today?" He asked.

"Not at all. I'm a model student," Megan joked.

Tom rolled his eyes. He smiled. "It's good to see you with a smile on your face. You're an amazing young woman."

"Well thanks."

Tom watched as she walked off. He could see she was faking the smile on her face. He could tell that she was keeping something from her.

***
Megan was sitting in the common room. She looked up as Adam and Rachel walked in. She stood up and went to walk off.

Rachel grabbed her. She sighed. "Look love, I want you home with me. It will be different this time. I promise," she said.

Megan shook her head. "I don't want to live with him. I'd rather stay where I am," she told her.

Adam looked to Megan. He sighed. "I don't know why you've turned on me like you have. I haven't done anything."

"You exist. That's enough," Megan spat as she walked off.

***
Megan walked along the corridor. She saw Adam and rolled her eyes. "Leave me alone."

"I've told you. I will end your life."

Megan rolled her eyes. She turned the other way and walked off. She knew she was trying to get him out of her head. But she couldn't.

She just had no idea how he was about to mess with her head one final time.