Ch.4

Megan woke that morning and sighed. She made her way downstairs and saw Rachel there. Rachel smiled. "Morning love. You've had a letter."

Megan nodded. She took the letter and opened it. She paled at what she read;

'I KNOW YOUR SECRET'

Megan didn't know what to do. She was scared that someone knew her secret. Her secret that Leigh had killed their father to stop him from hurting her anymore. She just couldn't handle it anymore.

***
Megan arrived at school. She walked over to Leigh and handed her the note. "Someone knows. They know what happened," she said as she panicked. She was shaking. "What do we do?"

Leigh sighed. She took her hand. "It's someone playing a practical joke. No one will know what we've done. I promise you," she said as she looked at her.

"What if they do know? What if they tell mum. Leigh, I can't do this. I really can't. I'm so scared and I don't know if I can go on without telling someone," Megan sobbed as she broke down crying.

Leigh held her close. She sighed. "I promise you. Nothing bad will happen. No one knows what happened. Just please. Stay calm and don't let anyone know you're feeling like this."

Megan nodded. But she knew that she couldn't keep it quiet. It was only so long before she let slip just what had happened. She knew Leigh could end up in jail.

***
Megan sat in English. Tom walked over and sat down next to her. He sighed. "I know you're not paying attention. So talk to me. What's going on?" He asked.

"Nothing. Just leave me alone. Please."

Tom frowned. He could see that Megan was struggling with something. And he was worried about her. He made a mental note to speak to Leigh about it. He knew there something going on.

***
Tom went into the office. He saw Rachel sitting there. "Rach. Is everything okay with Megan? I just had her in my English lesson. She wasn't paying attention. She seemed distracted," he said.

Rachel sighed. "Honestly? I don't know. I'm worried about her too. I haven't ever seen her act like this. I think it's something to do with Leigh too. They're both acting weird."

Tom nodded and sighed. He looked at her. "I'll keep an eye on Megan in my next class and I'll talk to Leigh too. If I find anything out, I'll let you know," he said.

***
Megan was in the common room. Leigh walked in and sighed. "Babe. Come on. I told you everything will be okay. Tom Clarkson is asking questions that I can't answer. Everyone is worried about you. And I don't know how I can keep it quiet. I'm doing this to protect you. Please."

"I'm scared Leigh. I'm scared that someone will find out and then you'll go to jail. I can't lose you. Mum doesn't care about me. I only have you. Please don't leave me," she sobbed.

Leigh held her sister close and sighed. But with her sister becoming more broken, could she save her before it was too late?