Ch.7

Megan had been thinking about Tom an awful lot. She knew it was illegal for them to be together. But she wanted him.

When she woke that morning, she saw Adam sitting on her bed. Megan shot up. "What the hell are you doing?!" She yelled.

Adam stood up and sighed. "Your mum asked me to wake you up. Come on."

"You're a freak. You really are."

Adam walked out. Megan felt scared. She knew she couldn't stay there anymore.

***
Rachel looked up as Megan walked into the kitchen. "What was going on this morning? Why were you yelling?" She asked.

Megan glared. "Your boyfriend was sitting in my room! Watching me sleep. That's weird mum!" She said.

"I asked him to wake you up. And I don't believe he was sitting on your bed."

"Well he was!"

Rachel rolled her eyes. She knew Megan had a tendency to exaggerate. And she wasn't going to let her daughter ruin her relationship.

***
Megan went into school. She saw Leigh and walked over to her. "Mum is being a cow."

"Why? What's happened?"

Megan sighed. "I woke up and Adam was sitting on my bed watching me. I was scared Leigh. And mum thinks I'm lying about it. What the hell am I supposed to do?" She asked.

Leigh scoffed. "I'll sort this. I promise you."

Megan nodded and wiped away a tear. "I was scared. And mum doesn't believe me. What if he was to hurt me? Would she believe me then?"

Leigh took her hand. "Stay with me tonight. I'll go and fetch your stuff. And then you won't have to see mum or Adam."

"Thanks Leigh."

***
Rachel was sitting in the office with Max and Adam. Leigh stormed in. "What the hell are you playing at you creep?" She spat at Adam.

Rachel frowned. "Leigh?!"

Leigh looked at her mum. "Megan told me. Your boyfriend was in her room! That's sick. And he needs to go!"

Rachel sighed. She looked at her eldest daughter. "She is lying. We both know that. I just... I know she is. She's always been a liar."

Leigh rolled her eyes and sighed. "She isn't lying mother."

***
Megan was sitting in the library. She saw Tom as he walked in. He looked at her. "You okay?" He asked.

Megan nodded. "Yeah. Everything is a mess at home. And I'm going to stay with my sister for a bit."

Tom smiled. He sat down with her. "If you need help with anything, then let me know. School work. Or with anything else," he told her.

"Thanks. And thank you. For being a shoulder to lean on. I appreciate it," she told him.

"Always here for you."

***
Megan went back home to get her stuff. Rachel was sitting there with Adam. She sighed. "Why are you doing this?" She asked.

"Because you don't believe me that your boyfriend was in my room. On my bed."

Adam rolled his eyes. "I wasn't. Rach. She's lying."

Rachel sighed. She looked at her daughter. "If you're going to lie like this, then I want you gone. Go and stay with Leigh. And I don't want to see you here until you stop the lies."

Megan frowned as she realised Rachel was choosing Adam over her. But would Megan ever be believed that Adam was up to something?