Part 11

The Next Day

For the first time since my pack arrived at this hellhole, I had managed to get a good night's sleep. It could also be that having a plan in place was the reason, but I still needed to instruct my pack about everything.

Everyone was up early and congregating in the main living room of our quarters. Breakfast was being served from the small kitchen off to the side, and everyone stopped what they were doing as soon as I entered. I stood on the third step from the bottom so everyone could clearly see me.

"Winx!" I called out and watched as he nodded and headed to stand guard outside our doors.

"Everyone! The alpha has an announcement!" Jase called out to the pack who proceeded to listen carefully.

"I know all of you are excited about the run with the other packs today. This will be a new experience for you all, but I must tell you something before any of you leave. I have some news that must not leave this room. I have found our luna." My words made the pack erupt in cheers, but I raised my hand to quiet them down once more. "But there is someone deliberately trying to stand in our way. A male who wishes to take her from us. A male who claims she isn't ours. But who are they dealing with?" I asked them.

"Lightning Ridge!" they shouted proudly.

"And will we just sit by and let them take our luna from us?" I yelled.

"No!" they growled.

"Your alpha needs your help to protect our luna. Today is the pack run, and by tonight, I promise every wolf here that we will have our luna. There is a plan, but it requires each and every one of you to contribute," I ordered.

"Yes, Alpha!" they shouted.

I stepped down from the steps and patted Jase on the shoulder.

"You can take it from here."

Jase took up my position and began to go through the entire plan as I headed for the kitchen. I made up a plate of food and ate as the pack asked him question after question. As soon as everyone's up to speed with the plan, the pack made their way down to the training yard outside to warm up with the other packs. Everyone in Lightning Ridge had been told to keep their mouth shut today. One word and there would be serious ramifications.

The training yard was full of other packs warming up and mingling with one another. All were clearly excited about the run, and I spotted a few of Perry's pack members in their pack colours—red and grey. My pack members stood out with their dark blue and yellow. This was all slightly strange given that separate packs never ever go for runs together. It's just not heard of.

It's true that this run would indeed strengthen pack bonds with one another, but all I could think of was how Perry was using it for nothing more than a scheme.