Chapter Eleven: Scarlet

Scarlet woke up to the smell of meat cooking and her daddy. So she gets up and dressed and finds him and gives him a big hug. She also asked how his date was and Percy gave her the details. In turn he asked how her night with Athena was. So Scarlet gave all the details. Afterwards she could tell that her daddy had to tell her something.

"I sadly have a meeting today with Annabeth. Do you want to be there?" In response Scarlet hugged him and started to cry and cry very hard. In between the sobs Percy was able to figure out that she was begging not to go. She did not want to go she was not ready yet.

"Don't worry I will not make you go." He called Thalia and explained the situation and asked if she would watch Scarlet for him. Thalia understood and agreed to watch her. Beside she enjoyed spending time with her niece. She also commented on the fact that Percy should not ask a stupid question like that.

That morning Percy held his daughter. Hestia came over to meet Scarlet for the first time. Scarlet was unsure how to react to Hestia. Scarlet could smell fire and that made her nervous for Scarlet did not like fire.

However she got the smell that Hestia was safe and that was all that mattered to her. So she hugged her aunty. This action took the goddess of the hearth by surprise but she gladly returned the hug. Hestia always had a soft spot for kids. She would often watch over them when their parents were by her hearth.

Thalia was brought over by Artemis to pick up Scarlet and the three left to go somewhere else. Percy went to train before the meeting. Right now his rage was at a high point a very high point. It was the first time he felt this way at least in a long time. He needed to hear Annabeth out but in his rage induced state that was next to impossible.

He wanted to be fair due to the friendship they had but she had made his daughter cry. That was something he would not allow not even close to it. He had to take a pause he had only been a father for a short time yet Scarlet meant more to him than anything or anyone. He may love Artemis and Athena he was still unsure but if it came down to them or Scarlet he would pick his daughter in heart beat.

He trained and trained he knew he was super powerful but he wanted to have his powers mastered. He was not going to be like Zeus he was going to train and train hard. He also had back up weapons made so he was training in their use. He first wanted to master the spear and he was pretty good at it.

To be sure of his mastery he had to battle someone that was good with a spear. Thalia and Ares came to mind. Athena was also good with a spear she was legendary with one according to the myths and since most of the myths have turned out to be true Percy was willing to guess that this one was to. He would ask her after their date.

About an hour before the meeting he goes to take a quick shower and put on non training cloths. He was not trying to impress Annabeth he just though it was rude as the King of the Gods to show up in sweats and smelling bad. He ran into Athena or more likely she found him since she figured he might want some backup. He was really happy about that. He asked for a spar with spears and she agreed after the meeting.

"Where is Scarlet is she ok?" Athena was worried that she had hurt or done something to hurt Scarlet last night. She was close to paranoid on that thought. That and she was very worried for the little girl had somehow wormed her way into her heart.

"No she begged me not to go to the meeting she started to cry this morning. She is with Thalia or aunty T as she calls her."

"Can you handle my daughter?" Athena knew he was loyal so if someone made his daughter cry he may not be rational about it. She was also worried he may do something he would regret. Athena cared about her daughter so she did not want her dead.