Torchwood

Tw-- small breakdown

a/n: i don't have much faith in these first few chapters,i wrote them a while ago so my writing is limmited and i did it screen script line by line so my description isn't great. I can't do much to improve with the storryline so please bare with me and i keep deleting my progress,it's driving me up the wall.depressingly,i don't have much faith in my writing as a whole but i hope i can bring someone something with it,even if that isn't large,even if that isn't me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all ran out the TARDIS, the doctor placing big, beige coloured cone-like things in a circle, around the centre of the park.
"When's the next shift." He asked with a fixed face of concentration and effort.

"Quarter to. But don't go causing trouble." Jackie fussed.

"What does it do?" I asked, my hair sheltering my face in a blanket of white as I looked down at the cone beside my feet.

"Triangulates their point of origin." It was weirdly easy to understand what he was saying when Jackie and Rose were as blind as a bat, waddled with confusion.

"I don't suppose it's the Gelth?" Rose shrugged.

"Nah!" The doctor picked up a cone, plugging wires into the bottom.

"They were just coming through one little rift. These lot are transposing themselves over the planet, like tracing paper!"

"Are you an alien?" I blurted out. It seemed the only logical answer to the bigger on the inside box.

He looked up at up, pausing his work,
"Yeah. that alright?"

"Well I can't really make a judgement when I don't know much." I squinted to him, my eyes sensitive to the sun. it was barely even bright! I hated my body sometimes.

"I'll explain later." He dismissed.

I nodded, watching him continue to work away at the cone circle.

"Your always doing this! Reducing it to science. Why can't it be real? Just think of it though, all the people we've lost, our families coming back don't you think it's beautiful?" Jackie squeaked. She was upset he sharply pushed aside her thoughts of a passed love one joining her again.

"No!" I retaliated to her. no matter how many people were grateful for this, some would be traumatized. It went against every human nature.

"I think it's horrific." The doctor stared at her, the two exchanging a conversation through their faces for a moment. I was ignored, but I'm used to it so I wasn't bothered by it.

"Rose! Give us a hand." He called, unwinding another thing that looked like a hose reel as he ran into the TARDIS. Me and Jackie followed slowly after him, leaving the door ajar.

I took the moment to look around again, try and properly process it. It was magnificent. Didn't the doctor say 'she' or something? Was she alive?

"As soon as the cones activate, if that line goes into the red, press that button! If it stays in the red, setting 15b." he pulled out a narrow silver buzzer thing, presenting it to rose in front of his face.
"Hold it against the port, 8 seconds then stop."

"15b, 8 seconds." Rose repeated, memorizing it all.

"If it goes into the blue, activate deep scan." he spoke quickly, and not very clearly ; I struggled to keep up with his pace.

"Hang on a minute- it's...that one." She pointed to one of the functions on the console, leaning over to do so.
The doctor popped his head up to see if she was right.