Chapter 3: The interview

Naina came down and ate her food with Ananya. Ananya gave her a few tips to impress Khalid into giving her the job. Ananya then left for her work. Near 2:30 p.m. Naina was ready for her interview.
She looked in the mirror and adjusted her clothes and hair once again. She was ready to go..all she hoped was that Khalid will give her the job.

Naina decended downstairs,

Ananya's mother: Naina beta, yeh lo prasad. Bhagwan se mere yahi prarthna hogi ki tumhe tumhara job mil jaye!

She handed the prasad to Naina.

Naina: Thank you auntie. Ab mai chalti hu. Bye!

Ananya's mother: take care beta. Bye!

Naina left the house. She was confident that she'll get the job by hook or crook.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Naina arrived at KKN. She saw everyone inside, talking and working together. She spotted Naina talking with 3 other girls and 2 more boys listening to them. She looked towards the editor-in-chief's cabin. It was empty.

"Maybe kisi kaam se gaye honge." She wondered.

She spotted an old man (not that old) walking down the stairs with a young woman. She also saw another man following the two closely.

Naina inquired: Mera interview kab hoga?

Receptionist:Yes ma'am. Bas abhi Khalid sir neeche aa gaye hai, aapke interview ka time paas aa chuka hai.

Naina: Ok, thank you!

Naina waited for another 1 hour as the other candidates went in and gave their interview according to the numbers assigned. Soon Naina heard,

Receptionist: Naina Singh Ahluwalia, you're next.

Naina made her way inside. She saw how everyone were busy with their own work, some in actual work and some in 'the impressing the girl' work.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Naina entered the conference room where the interviews were being held at. She saw Khalid sitting there with her resume.

 She saw Khalid sitting there with her resume

She was bursting with confidence. She knew she could do this, she could get this job by mherself. Khalid saw her and looked down once again reading her resume.

Khalid: Sit down, sit down dear. So tell me, 'Why KKN?'

Naina: Good evening sir. Sir I had been watching KKN ever since it had started. It had been a dream for me to work here.

Khalid: So, why did you do journalism now? I mean, why did you do MBA first and then journalism?

Naina: Well, my mom and dad wanted me to do MBA, so I had no choice. After I finished, I worked in an organization. But soon later my parents died and I had no reason to continue in that field, so I chased my dream, I did journalism and am now here.

Khalid: Every good! You're an enthusiast for journalism.

Khalid sounded happy and impressed. Naina knew she didn't need to follow any of Ananya's tips, rather she can manage on her own.

Khalid: So, tell me Naina, why should we hire you and not anyone of the other candidates?

Naina: There is no such reason.

Khalid was shocked to hear this.

Naina: I don't believe in making others look little in front of me. But what I do know are my strengths. I am a good observer, I can do any task at hand and people say I jell in well with others.

Khalid: Fine thank you Miss Naina Singh Ahluwalia,  you can leave for now, if you are selected then we'll send you your appointment letter on your mail.

Naina: Thank you sir.

Naina stood up and went outside the conference room. Naina just hoped that she had done a good job.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Naina went to a few more interviews and deliberate failed them. Soon it was about 9:30 when Naina went to the house. There she sat down with Ananya's mother and told her about her day. Soon she was joined by Arman and the two started talking about his college with each other and his mother.

Ananya came back and hugged Naina hard. Naina didn't understand why she had gotten that hug but she reciprocated the hug, just woth a little less force.

Naina: arre wah! Ananya aisa kya kiya maine ki mujhe tumhari yeh pyar bhari jhappi mili?

Ananya: tumne abhi tak dekha nahi?

Naina: Kya? Kya nahi dekha maine?

Ananya: Naina! Abhi ke abhi apna mail check kar!

Naina had gotten the idea that maybe it's about her getting the job but she acted as if she didn't understand.

Naina: ANANYA!! AUNTIE!! ARMAN!! Mujhe naukri mil gayi!!

Naina hugged each one of them and they all celebrated with chocolate.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Naina was going to go sleep when she heard a knock on the door.

Naina: aa jao! Kaun hai?

Ananya: mai ho, (she entered the room) Naina kuch tips dene the tumhe tumhare KKN mai first day ke liye.

Naina: Tips? Kaise tips?

Ananya: Naina, dhyan se sunn na.

Tip 1: Kabhi bhi Malvika ko Malvika ma'am mat kehena.
Tip 2: Sunny se zyada baat mat karna nahi toh wo flirt karne lagega.
Tip 3: kabhi bhi Khalid ke cabin mai bina bulaye mat jaana jab tak bohot important na ho.
Tip 4: Leave application chaprasi ke haatho hi bhijwana.
Tip 5: Kisi ke bhi muh mat lagna, specially Kabir sir ke.
Tip 6: Tum Manav sir ke good books mai rehna.
Tip 7: Deadline se phele hi apna kaam de dena.
Tip 8: Kabir sir ke samne kam hi bolna, nahi tph bohot sunate hai.
Tip 9:  Hamesha apne paas har type ka equipment rakhna.
Tip 10: Sabse zyada important. Kabhi bhi galti se bhi nau baje ke baad matt aana; choot tabhi milegi agar pehele se hi bola gaya ho ki late aao ge ya phir agar koi important news cover karne na gaye ho toh.

Naina: Baap re! Itne saare tips? Tip 8 ke hisab se toh yeh Kabir sir bohot khatarnak lagta hai!

Ananya: Hai bhi! Bach ke rehna!

Naina: Waise yeh last tip, tip se zyada warning lag rahi hai aur ye nau baje kya hai?

Ananya: nau baje Kabir sir aate hai office mai. Unse pehele aa jana hi behtar hota hai sehat ke liye.

Naina: (chuckled ) Okay baba! Hum kal nau baje se pehele pahunch jayenge! Aur phir kal toh mujhe unn Kabir sir se milna hi hai! Dekhe toh, aisa kaise insaan hai jisne tumhe dara raha hai!

Ananya: Ha ha, funny! Tum dekho gi na tab tum bhi dar jaaogi. Anyways, good night.

Naina: Good night.

Ananya left Naina's room. Naina was waiting to meet each and every reporter of KKN. Especially after hearing so much about some Kabir sir, Naina was most eager to meet him. She then went off to sleep after closing the lights.