Chapter 18: attempt to kill

Naina had left, Kabir/Rajveer was just there, enjoying the moment. In his mind he said,

"Yaar Naveen, agar yeh sab jo ho raha hai woh sab chahta raha toh mai yeh tera ha samjhunga mere aur Naina ke liye. Tu toh jaanta hai na, agar mere dooor rehene se Naina ko khushi million toh mai uss se bohot dooor chale jaata, itne dooor ki agar woh mujhe dhoondhne bhi nikalti, tabhi mai nahi milta. Par agar Naina ki khushi mere uske paas rehne se hai toh Naveen, yaar, mujhe maaf kardena abhi tak ke liye, mai Naina ka sath kabhi nahi chodunga aaj se."

Abhimanyu came in clapping,

Abhimanyu: Wah Raj! Wah! Ab tum humme batane ke jagah, waha upar Naveen ko sab kuch bata de rahe ho! Wow!

Rajveer smiled. He threw a small pillow on Abhimanyu,

Rajveer: Bas bhi karo Abhi! Theek hai, baitho, mai batata hu kya kya hua mere aur Naina ke beech mai.

Abhimanyu sat down and heard everything, Rajveer didn't get into details but told him upar upar se. The two boys were very happy. Abhimanyu left his room for the night. Rajveer was looking up at the ceiling, thinking how his life had been and whether he should consider going back to the military or not.

Then suddenly, a bullet was shot at him, he was lucky that it was shot at the shadow of the equipments that was looking like a person.

He quickly went down the bed. Few more bullets were shot at him. Then he saw a figure come up from the window. He quickly grabbed a scissor that was near him. He saw that that guy had a gun in his hands. He could hear some noises coming from outside his room, the gunshot had created a ruckus in the hospital, no one knew where the gunshot was fored at.

Rajveer found the perfect timing and threw the scissor on that person's hand, due to this that person dropped the gun. Rajveer found the perfect timing and attacked on that person by sliding from below his bed and kicking on that person's leg which made him fall.

The door opened, it was Malvika and Khalid who had come to meet Kabir. They were shocked to see another person with Kabir in that room and also seeing both of them on the floor. Khalid quickly called for the security but no one replied him.

That man got up and hit Kabir/Rajveer on his chest. Rajveer also regained his strength and got up. That guy punched him on his face which he stopped with his hands. Rajveer twisted his hand and made that punch a fail. Malvika and Khalid were shocked to see this side of Kabir. Rajveer took out his mask (full face fast 😉)  to reveal his face. The moment the mask was off, that guy hit Rajveer on his stomach and then on his chin and ran away. Soon the security reached them.

Khalid: Wow! You'll are coming now?! Kabir. Kabir, your alright?

Malvilka ran towards Kabir to check up on him. Kabir/Rajveer stood up on his own and went towards the telephone line. He dialed a number. Khalid and Malvika were both very confused as to what was going on with Kabir.

Kabir/Rajveer: Abhi..yaha ek attack hua abhi abhi. Maine bande ka huliya dekhliya, jaldi se police ke sath ek sketch artist ko leke aana yaha.

Then he disconnected the phone. He looked back and saw both of them staring at him. He then understood why; well Kabir Sharma wasn't a trained fighter, but he couldn't help it, after all Rajveer was a trained fighter.

Malvika: Wow, Kabir, that was impressive.

Khalid: really, never expected to see you fight soo well.

Kabir: Well..ah..tum dono yaha?

Malvika: Well hum toh sirf tumse milne aaye the, but tumne toh humme suprise de diya apne yeh naye talent se.

Kabir: (laughing) well....bas aisa koi mauka nahi mila jisse tumhe pata chale..

Khalid: Well, lagta hai ki tum ek dum theek ho chuke ho. So maybe you can join from tomorrow itself?

Kabir: Ha, zarur. Khalid, I'll join from tomorrow.

The door blasted open. A guy came running towards Kabir and hugged him.

Abhimanyu: Tum..tum theek ho na? Nothing happened right?

Kabir: arre don't worry! I'm fine yaar Abhi!

Abhimanyu: Thank God! I'll not leave the person behind this!! Milne do usse!

Kabir: Abhi! Abhi! Stop!! Shaant ho jao!!

Abhimanyu saw the other two people standing there. He left the hospital room and went outside to meet with the police officers.

Then soon Malvika and Khalid also left the room. Rajveer/Kabir shifted his hospital room.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Next day morning, Kabir/Rajveer went to KKN. Everyone was shocked to see him there soo soon. Naina saw him, she knew she had to stay close to Kabir in order to keep him safe.

Kabir: So guys, I want everyone working on their toes for this upcoming week. We have elections to cover. Richa, Trisha and Naina, come to my cabin.

Three of the girls made their way to his cabin. Kabir gave them papers.

Kabir: Guys, I want ki aap log ghar ghar ja ke logo ke choices jaane. Mai ek pura segment dedicate karna chahta hu elections par. Yeh questionnaire hai, jitne zyada log ho sake utno se bharwana.

Richa, Trisha and Naina: Ok sir.

Kabir: There, teeno ko maine 40 papers each diya hai. Saara data collect karne ke baad compile karke Ronnie ko de dena news mai chalane ke liye.

They all nodded and were going to leave the cabin.

Kabir: Naina, I want to talk to you.

Naina stopped and turned around. Kabir was looking at her. His gaze, it felt very very similar to the look Rajveer jad given Naina before he was shocked on his arm.

Naina: Aapko mujhse koi baat karni thi?

Kabir: Naina, yeh sab khatam hone ke baad, mujhe tumse bohot kuch bolna hai aur poochna hai, please tum mujhe time dena.

Naina was shocked, she thought that maybe her cover was blown.

Kabir: Yeh saara election wagerah ke beech mai main tumse woh baate nahi keh sakta jo mujhe tumhe kehna hai.

Naina was relieved that Kabir till now atleast didn't know her secret. She also wanted to say a lot of things to Kabir.