Chapter 19: Attack update

Naina received a phone call from her senior. Naina went to one corner of KKN and answered the phone.

Naina: Hello, kaisa hai tu?

Senior: Captain, humme information mili hai ki jo attack hone wala tha, woh ab prepone ho chuka hai. Abhi kabhi bhi attack kar sakte hai, unn logo ko bhanak lag chuki hai ki hum log sab unke peeche lage hue hai.

Naina: Oh! Toh jab tum aaogi, tab hum milke kya kya kare? Kitne kam time ke liye aa rahi ho!!

Senior: you have to be even more careful and observant. Unn terrorist group se koi informer waha andar bhi ho sakta hai. Take extra care.

Naina: Oh ok. Chal koi baat nahi! Next time jab aaegi tab mere sath time spend karne ke liye time nikal ke aana! Ok, bye!

Naina disconnected the phone. She looked around and saw five people in the range. Those five people could've tried to listen to her. Naina returned still acting like it was one of her friends phone call.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The day ended and Naina kept an eye on each and every person. Naina saw that those 5 people who were around her during her phone call were: Rohan, Karan, Smita, Geeta and Samay.

Naina first followed Rohan as he was the closest of the 5. Naina saw him mostly in work and with Manav. Naina still had her doubts on him as he always used to keep a tab on Kabir. That night she decided to follow him.

It was time for them to leave. Naina packed her things,

Kabir: Naina, itne jaldi jaa rahi ho? Nau baje ke baad chali jaao, mai chod dunga ghar tak.

Naina: Woh, sir mujhe apni ek dost se milna tha, mai ghar aa jaungi, don't worry about me.

Naina smiled hoping that Kabir will buy her excuse. Well, since Kabir was Rajveer, he knew what she was upto. How could he stop her from following what he had once told all his cadets? He had taught his cadets that they should always put their nation first no matter what the cost may be. He just agreed and prayed to God that Naina be alright.

Naina left as soon as possible. She didn't want Kabir's decision to change.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Naina followed Rohan, she saw he first went to a restaurant and then directly to his home. Naina had already asked the telephone agencies to tap his phone. Naina quickly went and heard his conversations.

Rohan: Nahi yaar. Wahi purana chal raha hai. Kabir sir ki team acchi ki Manav sir ki team acchi.

Caller: tu toh Manav sir ki team mai hai na?

Rohan: Ha yaar

Caller: tu itna pareshan kyu ho raha hai?

Rohan: yaar dekh, Manav sir acche hai par yaar Kabir sir ki apni hi ek baat hai. Yaar dekh, Manav sir hai na, woh Kabir sir ko neeche dikhane ke liye mujhse unki jasoosi  karwate hai. Mujhe nahi accha lagta!

Naina put the headphone down. Rohan wasn't their guy. But Naina didn't want to make any mistakes, she put two officers behind Rohan for the entire time. She had her next target ready for the next day.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♡••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Here, Kabir/Rajveer had said yes for Naina to go but he was still scared for her. Maybe he'll never stop being scared for her. Well, he read his news and all and went back to his home thinking the entire ride if Naina was fine or not.

He had reached his house, he saw Naina's door, it was still locked. Naina hadn't yet returned. Although he was scared for Naina, he knew that his Naina was strong enough to beat the hell out of an entire gang of men. But yet, he wasn't able to sleep. He needed to make sure his Naina was alright. He was awake till the time Naina hadn't returned.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♡••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Naina went home and saw that Kabir's lights were still onn. Naina knocked on his door. Kabir opened it very quickly. His face was relieved to see Naina well and fit.

Naina: Aap soye nahi?

Kabir: kaise soota Naina? Kaise soota jab tak mujhe yeh pata nahi ho ki meri Naina theek hai ki nahi? Bohot raat ho gayi hai, ab tum soone jaao. Good night.

Kabir kissed her forehead. Naina smiled, she felt a slight change in his touch, his tune, in him. Earlier he used to sound very confident while talking to her but now, now he sounded as if he still requires someone's permission to love her. Naina brushed it off thinking that it was just her overthinking.

Naina: Good night.

Naina also kissed his cheek and caressed his forehead and hair. They both went to sleep.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♡••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Next day morning, Naina got up and prepared herself a good and a hearty breakfast. She knew she might not be able to eat during the day, so she filled her stomach now. Naina once again looked at the evidences they had found, all the other officers working on it had compiled a file of their findings in this case. Naina searched for a pattern in order to solve this case. She then remembered that those terrorists were taking about some individual assignment of killing Kabir. She had to find out the mastermind of both these cases. She knew if the terrorists were to be caught then both these masterminds will also be found.

Naina was ready to go for her work when she bumped into Kabir once again.

Kabir: Naina..woh..Good morning.

Naina: Good morning Kabir..(She paused for a while) Kabir, aaj mujhe ek story..

Kabir: (interrupted) Theek hai, jaao, meri taraf se ha hai.

Naina: Par maine toh..

Kabir: bola hi nahi, yeh hi kehne jaa rahi thi na? (Naina nodded) Ha tph suno, Naina mai janta hu ki tum yehi bolne wali thi ki tumhe ek story cover karne ke liye shayad pure din bahar rehna hoga, so I said ok, tumhe jab aana hai tab aao, jab jaana hai tab jaao, bas mujhe batate rehna ki tum safe ho ki nahi.

Naina: Ok, promise I'll keep you updated! Bye now!

Kabir: Bye Naina, take care.

Naina leaned in and gave Kabir a peck on his cheek. Kabir started to blush on that and Naina left. Kabir was very happy that Naina actually loved him! But....she loved Kabir or Rajveer? Will she really love him?