Chapter 23: The bomb

Naina avoided making Kabir eat or drink anything from his hands for a week. Now Kabir/Rajveer had also gotten the idea Tarun was Naina's suspect and somewhere he also had begun to think that the poison that was given to him was by Tarun. He was the only person who used to see to Kabir's food and water requirements. Now Kabir/Rajveer had himself started to take things from either Naina, Richa, Trisha or Baby.

One week had passed and now Kabir was much better and almost back to his normal stamina. Naina was mostly focused on these two throughout the week. Today, when Naina entered, she couldn't find any of the two there in KKN. She was feeling as if something will happen today. Naina looked around everywhere but she couldn't find them. It was around 2 o'clock when she spotted them both.

It was about 3 o'clock, each and every reporter of KKN had been assembled there for a meeting. Naina spotted a bag kept there behind a desk. Naina asked everyone whose bag it was but everyone there had no idea. Naina then decided to check it on her own. Naina went there to open the bag when Kabir, Khalid and Malvika came down and grabbed everyone's attention.

Khalid: Attention everyone. We have a reason to celebrate and a reason to be sad. We'll first I'll tell what is it that we all are gathered here to celebrate. KKN has been ranked 5th in the global news market!

Everyone clapped, and whispers about what was the sad news went on.

Khalid: Well, being ranked the 5th in the international news market is of great honour but, we will have to work harder. So to celebrate this, we have arranged a lunch for all of you today! Infact right now!

Kabir: Iss mukam tak hum kabhi nahi pahunch pate agar hum sab milke kaam nahi karte toh. Iss success ke hakdar aap sab hai jo ki itni lagan se kaam rate hai.

Malvika: Another good news is that all of you will be getting a pay raise.

Everyone was happy upon hearing that. They all clapped. Naina was also clapping when she heard,

"Tik..Tik..Tik..Tik"

Naina turned around and bended and opened the bag ignoring everything being spoken behind her.

"SAB YAHA SE NIKLO! YAHA PE BOMB HAI!"

Naina announced and everyone looked towards her. There she was with the open bag which contained a bomb.

"TARUN AUR SONAM KO PAKDO!"

Naina commanded. And everyone in KKN got scared and everyone scattered and rushed towards the gate. Khalid was also running when he saw that Naina was sitting there with the bomb analyzing it and Kabir wasn't running as well, he was going towars Naina.

Khalid stopped to call both of them out when he saw that Tarun, their clerk came to attack Naina. But before he could, Kabir held his hand and turned him around and gave him a punch on his face. Naina also got up leaving the bomb down. Sonam, a reporter in KKN, was coming to hit Kabir on the head with a long stick when Naina held it and turned her around and took the stick from her and hit the girl on her stomach. Khalid saw that many more unknown people also came there from their green room and started to fight with Kabir and Naina. Soon he saw that they both had knocked down all 6 of them who had come to fight.

Naina quickly sat down near the bomb and started to decode it and stop it from blasting. She saw that Kabir and Khalid were still there.

Naina: Sir, aap dono yaha se jaiye! Abhi ke abhi!

Khalid: But dear!

Naina: Khalid sir, mai ek trained officer hu, aap jaiye!

Khalid left from there without protesting. He believed in Naina, and the moment he came out he called for the bomb squad.

Naina: Kabir, aap bhi jaiye yaha se!

Kabir: Nahi Naina! Mai tumhe yaha nahi chodunga.

Naina: Kya pagal pan kar rahe hai aap? Jaiye! Mai ek..

Kabir: Janta hu ki tum ek trained military officer ho! Janta hu tumhe bohot kuch aata hai! Janta hu mai tumhe Naina! Par mai tumhe iss bomb ke sath nahi chodunga! Maine tumne wada kiya tha ki mai apni aakhri saans tak tumhara sath nahi chodunga, toh ab kaise chod du?

Naina: Dekhiye, time bohot kam bacha hai! Aap jaiye yaha se!

Kabir: Theek hai Naina. Just remember I love you and will always love you aur apna promise bhi mat bhoolna!

Naina was a little confused about why he was saying the promise part, but it all became clear when he picked up the bag which contained the bomb and ran outside KKN with it. Naina ran behind him.

Naina: PAGAL HO GAYE HAI KYA AAP?

Kabir: NAHI NAINA. MAI BAS APNA FARZ ADA KAR RAHA HU!

Everyone saw Kabir coming out with the bomb in his hands. Everyone moved aside. They all heard Kabir and Naina's entire conversation.

Kabir was running towards his car.

Kabir: NAINA MAINE TUM CHEO (6) SE WAHA KIYA THA KI MAI TUM SAB KE SAAMNE KHADA RAHUNGA. MAI BAS AB USS WADE KO NAIBHA RAHA HU NAINA.

with thsi Kabir sat in his car and zoomed it away from there. Naina was stunned by his words. Naina wasn't able to comprehend anything. Kabir said that he'll protect them 6? No, it was Rajveer! Is Kabir Rajveer!! Naina reached to the conclusion. Now it was even more hard for her. She didn't want to loose him once again because of a blast in his car! Naina got the closest bike she could and was about to start driving it towards his direction when,

Abhimanyu: Naina! Rukiye. Yeh aap kya kar rahi hai?

Naina: Abhimanyu, woh....woh Rajveer sir hai..mera matlab, Kabir Rajveer sir hai..woh..woh bomb leke chale gaye..mai unhe bachane jaa rahi hu!

Abhimanyu: Naina aisa karna bewkoofi ka kaam hai! Bomb kabhi bhi fat sakta hai!

Naina: WAHI TOH! Aap mere roasted se haat jaiye! Mai unhe phirse nahi kho sakti!

Abhimanyu: Naina, hum aur officers laye hai apne sath, dekho, unn logo ko aren't kar diya hai unn logo ne, wahi log jaa ke Raj ko bacha lenge, aapko jaane ki kya zarurat?

Naina: AAP SAMJHTE KYU NAHI! MUJHE UNHE BACHANA HAI! MAI UNGE PHIR....

"BOOM!"

Naina's eyes filled with tears upon hearing that voice. She got down from the bike. Everyone present there came behind her.

Naina: Nahi..aisa nahi ho sakta..nahi..maine phir ek baar aapko kho diya? Nahi!!

Naina broke down in tears. Abhimanyu saw her, he felt guilty of stopping her now. Abhimanyu tried to console her. He held her by her shoulders to pick her up. Naina stood up, not to cry on his shoulder but for something else.

"THAP!" Naina slapped him. She was angry, mad at Abhimanyu for stopping her from saving her Rajveer sir. After such a long time, life had given her another chance but that was too taken away from her. She couldn't handle the pain of loose him twice. This time it was Abhimanyu's fault. He stopped Naina from even trying to save her love!

Naina: AAP KI WAJAH SE AAJ MAINE PHIR EK BAAR APNE RAJVEER SIR KO KHOYA HAI! AAPSE MERI KHUSHI DEKHI NAHI JAATI KYA? AAPKO APNE DOST KO ZINDA NAHI DEKHNA THA KYA? KYU KIYA AAPNE AISA MERE SATH? KYU?!?!