Chapter 8: The house

It was lunch time and Naina headed outside to go see the house. She was waiting for an auto to stop so that she can go but none were stopping. Kabir, at the same time had come out of KKN. He was about to go eat in a restaurant. He saw Naina trying to stop an auto, he then sat in his car. He stopped his car near Naina.

Kabir: Aao, chalo mai tumhe waha chod dunga.

Naina was shocked to see Kabir, but also somewhere delighted.

Naina: Par sir aap kahi jaa rahe honge na, mai aapko disturb nahi karna chahati.

Kabir: Arre nahi, disturb nahi kar rahi ho, come, I insist.

Naina: Ok sir. Thank you.

Naina sat next to him in the shot gun. Kabir started his car and Naina told him the address.

Kabir: Accha jagah hai.. kaunsa flat number?

Naina: 202.

Kabir: le lo. Accha jagah hai, I live in the same building, infact the same floor. My house number is 201.

Naina: Oh that's nice. Par aapko koi problem..

Kabir: Kya problem hogi Naina? I won't mind. Really! Until and unless you..

Naina: Sir mujhe kya problem ho sakti hai.. theek hai I'll see the flat and finalize it then.

Kabir: Ha Par tab bhi lega if you really like it, not because I said you should! (They both laughed) well, on a much serious note, the place is nice, if you like that house then only take it, okay?

Naina: Sure sir.

They both arrived near the building. Kabir took her to the house. Kabir and Naina both saw the flat. It was a 2bhk, Naina liked it. Naina then finalized the deal and Kabir helped her get the price reduced as well. Naina left to collect her things from Ananya's house and Kabir left to have his lunch. Naina had got her things and just dumped it in the house and left for KKN.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♡••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

She came there and instantly got called by Kabir in his cabin. Naina knocked,

Kabir: Aao Naina.

Naina was shocked how he didn't even look up from his file and knew it was Naina. And then realized that maybe he was expecting her.

Naina: Sir aapne bulaya?

Kabir: Ha (He kept his file aside) tumne toh abhi tak khana nahi khaya hoga, am I right?

Naina: Ji sir.

Kabir: jao aur khana khaa lo, then I'll make you meet inspector Khurana.

Naina: Ok sir. Thank you.

Naina left his cabin and rushed to the cafeteria. She ate a little something and them came down. Kabir saw her and came out of his cabin.

Kabir: Chale Naina?

Everyone had started to look at their way. Manav was outside talking with Ananya about a story, Malvika was talking with Ronnie about something and now Rahul was there as well. Rahul was Manav's side kick. He hadn't yet met Naina as when Naina had come he wasn't there in KKN.

Naina: Yes Sir.

They both left KKN. He opened his car door for Naina and Naina sat inside, and he also sat down on the driving seat. They both left to meet inspector Khurana.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

They both reached the police station. In the police station, inspector Khurana was shocked to see Kabir with another person marching towards him.

Inspector Khurana: Kabir, tum yaha? Aur yeh kaun hai?

Kabir: Khurana, yeh hai humari junior reporter Naina, aur Naina yeh hai inspector Khurana, mere dost.

Naina: Hello sir.

Inspector Khurana: Hello. Bolo mai kya madad kar sakta hu tum dono ki?

Kabir: Khurana, tum zara Naina ki madad kardo, woh ek case pe kaam kar rahi hai.

Inspector Khurana: Ok, par abhi mujhe ek meeting mai jaana hai, tum apna number yaha likh ke jaao, mai tumhe call kardunga.

Naina: Ok sir. Thank you.

Naina wrote down her phone number and she and Kabir both left the police station.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♡••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

On the way back, Kabir asked,

Kabir: Naina, of you want, I can help you set up your house..

Naina: Sir it's alright. Waise bhi mere paas zyada saman nahi hai. I'll manage.

Kabir: if you ever want anything then please don't feel hesitated and just tell me.

Naina: Sir, same applied to you too. And I hope you won't mind if I sometimes bring you some food, you know, like prasad and all?

Kabir: Sure! No problem!(sarcastically said) Mujhe kya hai? Mujhe toh phir uss din ka khana nahi banana padega!

They both laughed and reached KKN.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The day went by and inspector Khurana called Naina and helped her out. It was time to leave, Ananya came,

Ananya: Naina chale?

Naina realizes that she didn't tell anyone else that she had already moved.

Naina: Arre Ananya! I totally forgot to tell you, maine shifting karli hai. That other house was very nice.

Ananya: Oh, I see. Achha hai ki tumhe ek accha ghar mil gaya, nahi toh pata nahi kitna dhoondhna padta. Waise let's go together anyways?

Naina: mai abhi nahi aa sakti.

Ananay: kyu?

Naina: mera kaam khatam nahi hua. I'll leave after a while. Tum jaao, Auntie wait kar rahi hongi! Meri chinta mat karo!

Ananya: Oh ok, then I'll leave, bye! See you tomorrow!

Naina: Bye! Kal milte hai!

Ananya left and Naina continued with her work. Soon it was about to be 9 o'clock. Kabir left his cabin to go to the green room to change and saw that Naina was still sitting there working. He was weirdly happy about it. Naina waited for his show to get over. It was about 10 o'clock now. Kabir came out of the newsroom. Naina had just gotten up and was packing her bag when Kabir was about to approach her,

Kabir: Ahh.. Nia..

Kabir was interrupted by Malvika.

Malvika: Kabir! How wonderful! Come let's go and have dinner as promised!

Kabir: Sure.... Malvika. (He looked at Naina packing her stuff, he's sad) Let's..go.

Naina heard it all and was somewhere sad that today she waited for Kabir and now he was going for dinner with Malvika. But Naina didn't showcase her sorrow instead she left KKN. While leaving she was walking in front of Kabir and Malvika. Kabir saw her, he wanted to stop her and ask her if she'd like to join them but he knew that Malvika wouldn't like it. He saw Naina stop a rickshaw and get in it and leave. Kabir was sad that he didn't get to talk to her.