Chapter 22: Finding the culprit

Naina talked with Kabir for around an hour and then left his room. Naina went out and Khalid and Malvika went inside. Naina left the hospital. She went to KKN to figure out how was he poisoned and who was behind it.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Naina reached KKN. The moment she entered, everyone else came to her to ask how Kabir was. Naina told them all the he was stable. She made it sure not to tell them that Kabir was poisoned. Naina went to his cabin saying that she'll take his stuff home, and checked the entire place as everything was a mess there because when Kabir was falling down, he had tried to grab onto anything he could find. Naina searched around the place and all she could see was his water.

"WATER! that's it, water!" Naina whispered to herself. Naina took a little sample of the water with her. She came out with his bag and informed everyone that she's going to her house and then the hospital to meet Kabir. Naina left the place and on the way she called for someone to come and collect the water sample from her.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It had been 2-3 days since this incident, Kabir had been advised to stay in the hospital but as usual, Kabir/Rajveer couldn't bear being locked in there for long. The moment he felt good, he got up and left the hospital. He was in no mood to waste time. Naina on the other hand, had gotten the report. Yes, she was correct, it was the water that had poison in it. Naina had been observing everyone present in KKN. All the clerks were on her list. Naina inquired about who assists Kabir with all these small things like water, food and all. She got a name. His name was Tarun. Naina closely observed Tarun. She had asked the authorities to tap his phone. He was doing nothing suspicious at all. Naina was almost about to loose her hopes when she saw Kabir making his way inside KKN. Everyone including Naina were shocked shocked to see him back soo soon.

Naina: Sir, aap?

Kabir: Hello Naina, good morning. Kya hua? Mujhe dekhkar khushi nahi ho rahi?

Naina: aisa nahi hai sir. Aapko dekhkar tph bohot zyada khushi ho rahi hai! But doctor ne toh kaha tha ki aap..

Kabir: Naina doctor jhoot bolte hai! Mai theek hu, isiliye mai aa gaya. Mai waha hospital mai aur der nahi sadh sakta tha! So let's get back to work now!

Kabir made his way back to his cabin and Naina looked at him in awe. How can he and Rajveer be soo same! He also hated being in the hospital and he also came from the hospital back to the academy without the doctors permission. Naina was thinking all this when she saw Tarun quickly cornering a reporter, Sonam. Naina hid around and heard their conversation.

Tarun: ab kya kare?

Sonam: Kya kare kya? Tumne sahi amount nahi daali thi kya?

Tarun: daali toh utni hu thi jitna bola tha..

Sonam: ho hi nahi sakta! Agar sahi amount dala hota toh yeh aaj zinda nahi hota!

Tarun: ab kya kare?

Sonam: ek aur try kar paani mai milake dene ki. Fast!

Tarun: Abhi gaya.

Naina hid behind the two pillars and Tarun and Sonam went from in front of her without noticing that she was standing there. Naina saw when Tarun was going inside his cabin and she also went in just behind him. Tarun entered his cabin and so did Naina.

Kabir: Ha aao Naina. Thank you Tarun

Naina: Lao, mai leke deti hu sir ko.

Kabir was about to take the water from Naina when she intentionally bumped into the table and dropped the glass of water.

Kabir: NAINA! Naina, tum theek toh ho na?

Naina: Ji sir, sorry, woh meri wajah se apka glass..

Kabir: Naina glass aur paani dono phir ek baar mil sakte hai, tum theek ho, bas yahi mere liye kafi hai.

Tarun: Sir mai saaf kardeta hu.

Kabir: Ha Tarun, aur ek glass paani le aana, bohot pyaas lag rahi hai.

Naina: Sir Tarun ko yaha saaf karne dijiye, mai aapke liye paani le aati hu.

Kabir: Theek hai Naina.

Naina left his cabin to get water and saw Sonam and Tarun signal each other something. Naina came to the water dispenser and while entering she saw Sonam coating something in the glass. Naina turned back and got her water bottle and filled it with water and left for Kabir's cabin.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♡••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Naina entered Kabir's cabin with her water bottle. Kabir looked at her for a while.

Naina: Sir woh glasses saaf nahi lag rahe the isiliye maine apne bottle mai le aai aapke liye paani.

Tarun: Sir mai glass le aata hu.

Kabir: Nahi Tarun, it's alright. Naina give me the bottle.

Naina gave him the water bottle and Kabir drank directly from it.

Kabir: Thank you Naina. Bolo, kya baat thi jiske liye tum yaha aai thi?

Naina: Ji sir, woh mai aapkse poochna chahti thi ki....

Kabir: Ek minute Naina. Tarun, tum jaa sakte ho, thank you.

Tarun left his cabin and while leaving her heard what Naina had come to say.

Naina: Sir aap apne saare medicines leke aae hai na?

Kabir: Ha Naina. Mere paas sab hai, chinta mat karo!

Naina: Sir aap mujhe de dijiye. Mai aapko time pe de diya karungi.

Kabir: Ok Naina. Thank you.. yeh lo, yeh raha prescription aur yeh rahe mere dawaiya.

Tarun left and so did Naina after collecting his medicines. Naina fixed the timing of his medicines and sat down to work. Naina kept an eye on them both. Everytime Tarun tried to make Kabir eat or drink anything, Naina either herself stopped him or she used their trademark mess maker 😉 well the mess maker is Baby ji. She'll send her inside to give something to Kabir and she'd always end up making the thing that Tarun is holding fall down. Naina had to make sure that akhir doesn't eat or drink anything given by Tarun. Naina also got officers behind both of them and then remembered that he is the same clerk that had spoken in middle of her conversation with Karan and Smita after Kabir had scolded her.