7 - nightmares

1450 words

sorry its been so long! I've been on and off writing for awhile lol but I genuinely want to keep updating this book

----------

Brendon was awaiting Ryan, pacing the kitchen, he didn't want to make it seem like he was confronting them, but also he didn't want it to be too casual. When he heard the door open, he just leaned against the kitchen counter, his hands folded in front of him and his head down. The top pieces of his hair fell slightly in front of his eyes.

Ryan stood slightly adjacent from him, not exactly knowing where to stand. They took a few deep breaths, making sure they were completely calm.

"Bren," Ryan started, Brendon looked at them, making sure they knew they had his full attention, that was one thing that Brendon knew they hated. "I- Im sorry, I overreacted completely and I should've just talked to you both about it. I overreacted. I'm so sorry bren."

Ryan was continuously trying to calm their breathing, as it'd started picking up again. They'd been standing by the table, their hands messing with the cream sweatshirt hoodie strings.

Brendon took a moment before he walked over to the table, sitting down and patting the seat next to him, Ryan sitting immediately.

"The only thing I'm confused about is what you were saying about being little," He paused, "Are you afraid of it?"

Ryan sighed, looking at their feet. "I dunno. I don't want to miss out on things, and I feel like I'm bothering you both by being little. I just miss out on things, but it's so taxing either way." Brendon nodded, taking ryans hand into his, trying to make his lover feel less like this is a confrontational meeting.

"What can I do to help you Ry." Ryan shook their head.

"I dunno." Brendon nodded, kissing Ryan's hand. "When you figure it out sugar please tell me." He spoke with a soft smile.

About a week after the last time they were all together, the three finally coordinated the date that Josh had promised.

They met at a nice sushi restaurant a few miles outside the downtown area. When Brendon and Ryan arrived, the two greeted Josh, who had been seated and already was deciding on what to get.

Lunch was easy, Ryan stayed big the whole time. The three really enjoyed each other's company. The topic of Ryan's outburst was lightly touched on but for the most part Josh tried to avoid the topic, assuming the two had talked it out.

They ended up at Josh's apartment later that evening to watch a movie. Josh had brought up them staying over at lunch (obviously the two agreed) and so they went home to grab some clothes for the next morning.

"What movie?" Ryan asked the two as they watched josh make popcorn. They sat at Josh's breakfast bar, their head resting atop their palm.

"Conjuring." Brendon says without looking up from his phone. Josh snorts and Ryan smiles with a huff of air exiting their nose.

"Deal with me when I have nightmares!" Ryan taunted under his breath, Josh not catching it in time to make them repeat themself.

Josh pours the popcorn into a bowl, dousing it in salt and butter, snatching a few pieces and tipping them into his mouth, grabbing a few more and turning to Ryan. He taps Ryans chin and once they open it, he gives them the pieces. Ryan hums and their eyes are bright.

Brendon smiles and rests his head on Josh's shoulder.

"Shall we make a fort or just suffer on the couch." Josh's eyes haven't left Ryans, however his arm comes around brendons waist, his hand caressing his arm. Brendon smiles, kissing Josh's cheek.