Chapter 1

Mirabel was the only person who would talk to Y/N and Asher. They were considered the freaks/outcasts of Encanto. They were forced to move far from the rest of the houses which made it difficult to get groceries and supplies. Asher would usually go and get them since he wasn't as hated as Y/N. The person who made this decision was Alma, the town leader, and Mirabel's Abuela. Y/N hated the Madrigals (except Mirabel) for that. Asher moved in with Y/N since he wasn't welcomed in town either. They weren't related by blood but were still close enough to be mistaken to be siblings.

It was a normal day, Mirabel came into the house being welcomed by Asher. Y/N and Asher could relate to Mirabel because she was different and was treated poorly for that reason. Of course, her being different from others and them being different from others weren't the same but they got the same treatment from the family. "Tomorrow's Antonio's coming of age ceremony, you guys coming?" Mirabel sat down on the counter in the kitchen while Y/N was mixing her batter. "Unfortunately, that isn't possible. At least for me." Y/N says. "Asher, what about you?" The girl's attention shifts to the boy tuning his guitar. "I think it'll be awkward if I go." He shrugged. Mirabel slumped, "I wish you guys would be there." "I'm sorry Mirabel but your Abuela made it clear we're not wanted," Y/N says, placing the bowl down and putting her hand on Mirabel's back. "You should finish up that doll you're making him. I bet he'll love it." Asher chimes in. Mirabel nodded and began to walk out but before leaving she turned and said, "I probably won't be able to see you guys tomorrow!" "It's alright, just have fun! We'll be fine." Y/N replied. Mirabel nodded and waved goodbye as she walked away.