Chapter 5

After a while, it was time for dinner. Y/N was about to sit down between Asher and Mirabel but before she could even touch the chair it was taken by Camilo. Great Y/N glared at the boy and scanned the table to see if there were any other seats open. Her heart dropped when she realized the only seat left was next to Isabela. Y/N leaned down and whispered to Mirabel, "Tell Camilo to get out of my seat. I refuse to sit next to her." Mirabel looked up at Y/N then at the empty seat across from her then glared at Camilo next to her. She nudged Camilo, getting his attention. "You're in Y/N's spot." "What do you want me to do about it?" He hissed. "Get out!" Mirabel motioned for him to leave. "Well, I don't want to!" He huffed. "This isn't a game, Camilo. Go sit next to Isa." Mirabel nudged him again. Getting the attention of the table. Y/N felt uncomfortable with all eyes on her so she decided to suck it up. When she sat down Mirabel was whispering something to Camilo. He then looked at Y/N and mouthed, "Sorry..." Y/N glared at him and mouthed back, "You're dead to me."

Dinner went on but the silent tension between Isabela and Y/N was almost unbearable. Camilo was having a conversation with Asher and Mirabel was chatting with Antonio. Everyone except Dolores, Isabela, and Y/N were talking. Y/N felt eyes on her as she ate. She glanced around the table and accidentally made eye contact with Isabela. Isabela quickly looked away, hoping she could act as nothing happened. This made her look more suspicious. Y/N brushed it off and continued eating but kept feeling eyes on her. Mirabel was observing the two girls making sure things didn't go wrong but noticed the way Isabela was looking at Y/N. Is she blushing? Mirabel squinted at Isabela. Pink was dusted on Isabela's face. She kept looking from the side of her eye. OMG, she is! Mirabel realizes and looks baffled. Isabela then looked over to Mirabel and felt the heat rise in her face. Luckily for her, Camilo was busy talking to Asher. She put a finger on her mouth signaling Mirabel to not say a word. She looked panicked but was relieved when Mirabel motioned her lips were sealed. Isabela sighed and mouthed a thank you. Mirabel nodded and had a smirk on her face for the rest of dinner.

After dinner, Y/N rushed back to Mirabel's room. As she plops down on the bed and sighs she notices Mirabel didn't follow suit. Not wanting to risk seeing the others she remained in her spot. She took out a sketchbook from her bag and opened it to a blank page and started to draw. She was sketching for a while until the door opened. Y/N looked up but before she saw who it was the door slammed close. "Casita?" The window opened signaling it wasn't it. "Who's there?" Y/N said, she stood up walking to the door. As she opened the door and was met with an explosion of flowers. Her vision was just petals. She shook them off and spat out a few more flowers. Once she cleared her face of the fluorescent mess, she caught a glimpse of Isabela's door closing. Mirabel came up to Y/N. "You ok?" Y/N shook her head and some flowers flew out. "Now I am." Y/N placed her hand on her hip. "What was that about?" Y/N had an unpleasant look on her face. "Whatever do you mean?" Mirabel looked away. "The slammed door, the flower explosion, the fact you're acting suspiciously." Y/N crossed her arms. "I'm not acting-" "You haven't been in the room, Isabela was in front of your door and I'm assuming you two were talking, you're avoiding eye contact..." Y/N glared as Mirabel suddenly realized her actions. She looked like she got caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar. "I just like looking around the room and since when can I not talk to my sister?" "So you two were talking." Y/N tilted her head unamused. Mirabel's eyes widened and she started to scramble her words. Y/N rolled her eyes and sighed, "It's okay, you don't have to give me excuses. Just stop acting weird and I won't ask any more." Mirabel nodded and they proceeded to enter their shared room.