Chapter 15

During dinner, Y/N sat between Julieta and Alma. In front of her were Pepa and Félix. She glanced around the table and saw Dolores and Mirabel whispering to each other. Asher was messing around with Antonio. She noticed Isabela wasn’t at the table. Where’s she? Y/N furrowed her eyebrows. "Looking for Isabela?" Alma asked, catching Y/N's attention. "Y-yeah." Y'N sheepishly responded. "Ah, I remember when you two were little. You both were inseparable." Y/N looked down remembering how Isabela and she would constantly have sleepovers, getting in trouble for staying up late. Then remembering when word got out about the vision. She was saddened by the memory of Isabela telling her to go away and kids laughing at her. "I know you two aren't as close anymore. I'm so sorry." Y/N shook her head, "There's nothing to be sorry about." She continued to eat her food avoiding further conversation. "Y/N I hate to bother you but can you please go check up on Isabela? I think she's in her room." Y/N hesitantly complied. 

As she reached Isabela's room she stopped at the door handle. The door was cracked open and she could hear sobbing. She peeked in to see a crying Isabela. Without thinking she walked in. She walked up to the bed. "You ok?" Isabela was startled and turned around surprised to see Y/N. She turned around and started wiping her face. "Of course I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?" Y/N pulls out a handkerchief and offers it to Isabela. Isabela hesitantly took it. "Thanks." "No problem." Isabela wiped her face while Y/N plopped on the other side of the bed awkwardly. Once Isabela calmed down and stopped crying the room became awkwardly quiet. "Your mom is worried about you," Y/N said, looking at her feet. "Oh I forgot about dinner!" Isabela shot up. Y/N got up as well and was heading to the door. Before she reached the door however she was stopped by a hand. She turned back to face a desperate-looking Isabela. Isabela retracted her hand awkwardly and scratched the back of her head. "Hey, I'm sorry about everything. The past mostly. I-" Isabela was cut off mid-sentence. "There's no reason to apologize." Y/N turned around facing away from the other girl. "Of course there's a need for an apology, what I did was wrong." Y/N looked back at the girl. "There's nothing you can do to change your past actions. No matter how many apologies it won't change the fact you betrayed me." Isabela could feel the hurt in Y/N's words. They both were silent for a moment just staring at each other until Isabela collapsed into Y/N hugging her. "I know but I'm still sorry and I want to make it up to you." Y/N was surprised by the hug and just stood there while Isabela's arms wrapped around her. "I never wanted to leave you but I didn't have a choice. I had to be perfect, but not anymore. I don't care how long it takes, I just want my best friend back." Y/N started tearing up and hugged back. "I want to be friends again too." The two stayed like that for a while. Once they broke out of the hug they heard giggling. Both in unison looked at the door and saw Mirabel and Asher. "I can't believe you guys!" Y/N shouted as the duo giggled even louder and ran off leaving the two girls alone. It was silent again but not as awkward as before. "So… are we friends again?" Isabela asked with hope in her eyes. "For now," Y/N replied with a smile.