Chapter 14

Y/N leaned against the door with a blank expression. She was a bit zoned out but a coati snapped her back to reality. She shook her head. Alright, I’ll deal with that later!  She headed to the tree and set up the equipment. Not long after, Antonio came in with some of his animal friends. “Hola Y/N!” the boy waved. “Hola Antonio, are you ready to paint?” Antonio nodded excitedly. Y/N let Antonio choose the topic to paint and so they painted animals. The two painted for a while until it was time for dinner. “Can I keep this?” Antonio asked, holding up his canvas. “Of course, you can. It’s your work after all.” Y/N patted his head. “Thank you!” Antonio shouted and ran off to show his painting to his family. Y/N chuckled at the boy’s excitement. She then remembered the situation from earlier that day. I really don’t want to deal with this right now. She groaned and rubbed her face. She reached the door and took a deep breath, “Let’s get this over with.” She opened the door and was met with a frantic Mirabel. The two were silent for a moment until Y/N closed the door. Mirabel then barges in, “Don’t act you didn’t see me! What was that earlier! Eavesdropping on us?!?” Y/N backed up as Mirabel was walking forward into the room. "First of all that wasn't eavesdropping, you guys were talking out in the open and I happened to hear my name." Mirabel crossed her arms. "You were still listening in on our conversation." Y/N scratched the back of her neck. "Sorry but you guys were talking about ME so how do you expect ME not to listen in. I'm sure you would've done the same thing." Mirabel sighed, "How much did you even hear?" "The part Isa had that little girl give me a flower and she wants to apologize." Mirabel seemed a little relieved for some reason. "Ok, we'll talk about this after dinner." Y/N nodded and followed the girls.