Chapter 8

Y/N woke up to the alarm clock. Still tired, she just sat up with her eyes closed. She slouches over on the brink of falling back asleep. "C'mon sleepyhead, don't want to keep the others waiting," Mirabel says, Y/N hears her opening and closing her drawers. She rubbed her eyes. "Do I have to wake up for this? I mean it's your family and I'm not a 'MADRIGAL'." She lazily looked up at Mirabel. She shook her head. "I know you don't want to have breakfast with them but it's as long as you're under this roof, you're obligated to attend. Whether you like it or not." Mirabel put her hands on her hips with some clothes in one arm. Y/N scoffed and laid back down. "Casita, some help?" Suddenly the bed was shaking and she got up. "Ok, ok. Geez, I'm up already." Y/N pouted.

They got ready for the day and headed downstairs. Mirabel slid down the stairs while Y/N walked behind. Y/N helped Mirabel set up the table. Some kids came over pestering Mirabel with questions. They were kind of annoying but Mirabel didn't seem to mind though. I guess she's used to them. When everyone was at the table Y/N sat between Mirabel and Bruno. Asher sat across from them. He was chatting with Camilo. Y/N didn't say or do anything. She mainly messed with her food. Alma grabbed everyone's attention and started giving a speech. She went on how they should not take the miracle for granted and how they should also not feel obligated to push themselves. She then goes on to talk about how she wants a new start to make up for the mistreatment she's caused to them. And of course, she finished with, "La Familia Madrigal." Everyone repeats the phrase and Y/N rush finishes her food. She speed-walked trying to get away but bumped into Isabela. She dusted off the petals and flowers. Isabela apologized as Y/N walked away. She just didn't want to deal with any of them.

Y/N went and grabbed her canvas from one of the boxes. She grabbed an easel and headed to Mirabel's room. She set up everything but waited before painting. Painting can get a little messy so she waited until Mirabel came back and got her permission. She only took a few minutes to arrive. She gave me the green light. "Oh! By the way, how would you feel about a slumber party?" She asked with pleading eyes. "Mirabel, is Isabela going to be there?" Y/N crossed her arms. "Maybe?" Mirabel had a sheepish smile. "Mirabel..." Y/N narrowed her eyes. "Ok, ok. Yes, but you should give it a shot. Who knows, maybe you two might be friends again." Y/N sighed, shaking her head as she pinched the bridge of her nose. "Mirabel, you know how I feel about Isabela." "I know but that's the past. She's changed, I promise." Y/N stared at Mirabel. She sighed, "This is the last favor I'm doing for you." Mirabel's excitement was visibly shown on her face. Julieta was calling for Mirabel and with that she left.