❥ 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

It was early evening, the sun was just beginning to set as I placed the final box in the small living room. This was it, mine and my mum's new place. It was 1 story and had two bedrooms, a bathroom and an alright living room and kitchen. It was the cheapest we could find. I'd just finished school a few years ago, I was 20 now. Me and my Mum still lived together, I wasn't planning on moving out anytime soon, where would I get the money?

We'd had to move back here, to America, from the UK ever since dad left us. Our only other family lived here, so we had to move back here where Mum was originally from. We were in the same town as her younger brother Henry (my uncle) and my little cousins, Charlie and Sammy.

I hadn't seen Henry and the kids in so long though, I couldn't wait to see them again.

All the lifting of heavy boxes had strained me a bit. My mum sorted out the moving van and then came in once it was all sorted.

She shut the door and turned to me.

"Well, this is our new home." I sighed.

"I know its not the... best, but, it's better than what we had before, right sweetie?" she said, looking hopeful that I would at least like it a little.

"I guess."

I knew it wasn't my mums fault, nor mine, ever since dad left everything went downhill. We had barely any income, school was shit, it was rough. Yes, moving away from all that was good, but now mum didn't have a job. And I had absolutely no way of going to college or anything like that. Money sucks.

Anyway, I slowly walked through the corridor to my new room. It was... alright I guess... the paint was peeling off the walls in some corners, I'd try and fix that another day. I brought my boxes of stuff up, having to make a trip back and forth for each box, which really didn't help my back, and tried to get settled in.

I had a mattress to sleep on, we would try and get me a new bed once we could afford it. I set my stuff down and then brought in my little table which was one of the few things I managed to get from the old house.

After all that had been taken care of, I was knackered. I laid down on my mattress, wincing as my back slightly hit the floor through it was a fell onto it. I had a little rest for a bit and ended up falling asleep.

A couple hours later

"Hey, wake up." My mum was shaking me. "Come on, let's go get something to eat."

I yawned and half sat up whilst rubbing one of my eyes, and nodded. Once she left I quickly threw on a hoodie over my mucky shirt and ripped jeans.

We walked into the new town and found a fast food place that was still open. I was half asleep during our meal, I could barely keep my eyes open let alone swallow all my food.

Once we got home I fell back onto the mattress, in my clothes, and fell asleep.