⚠︎︎ 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 ⚠︎︎

"I'm sorry!?"

And with that, William left. He totally wasn't under the risk of being killed- well, stuffed inside a suit apparently. But what the heck!? Why!!??

I sighed and got on with the rest of the night. I sort of hoped William had left, I didn't want him to be secretly watching me whilst I do something embarrassing again. But at the same time I felt a little nervous now, being on my own.

I managed to get through the rest of the night, it hit 6 am, and before it was even 2 minutes past I was out of there.

Okay, why on earth was he being so nice to me now!? Like, overly-nice. He called me stupid names like 'love' and 'darling'. I sighed as I plugged my headphones in. The sun was just starting to rise and I made it home in around 10 minutes.

But when I came home, I saw something I did not expect to see.

Another man in bed with Mum.

I just shut the door and tiredly stumbled over to my room. I fell onto bed and thought I was just seeing things.

~~~~~~~~~~

Some time later, around 10 am, I work up again. I had a shower, and headed to the kitchen.

I again saw something I did not expect to see. Mum and a man at the table. He turned around and I felt my heart drop.

"D-dad..?"

"Hey kiddo."

I didn't know what to do or say. What the fuck was he doing here!?

"W-what are you doing here?"

"Oh, darling." Mum came up to me. "He's just... staying with us for a little while."

"But I thought he was in the UK-"

"I moved." he said.

I felt a shiver go down my spine.

"And how long are you going to be here for?"

"Why!? Are you not happy to see me!?" he snapped.

I backed away as he stood up. Mum quickly stood in between us.

"Now now... we just need to... get used to each other again."

I felt like bursting into tears. I felt so... angry. Angry at mum. Why would she bring him back here after everything he did to us!?

I gave her a glare and ran to my room, eyes filled with tears. I'd only been there less than a minute and he was already angry. What the hell did she see in him now!?

I grabbed a hoodie and went out. I didn't want to be there whilst he was. I plugged my headphones in and tried to go on a relaxing walk.

As I passed the park, I saw another missing poster. It was another child. Oh god, that was quite worrying. I hadn't heard anything from the neighbours so I assumed theirs was still missing.

Other than that, the rest of the day was pretty chill. I found a Café and decided to grab a drink and a snack. In the queue I chatted to some other girls around my age, they both seemed nice. I think their names were Alex and Amy.

We all sat at a table together.

"So Y/N, where are you from?" Amy asked.

"Well, I moved here about a week ago from (town/city name) because we had to because of family issues."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that!"

I didn't bother explaining too much. Our drinks came and we all had a nice chat. We exchanged numbers and headed off some time later. I was glad to have some friends to talk to, they seemed really nice.

I made my way home only to find Mum and Dad on the sofa, and there were empty bottles of beer in the floor.

"Hi, how are you guys?" I asked, trying to be nice.

Dad was asleep and Mum just looked at me.

"Oh, fine. Have you got work?"

"Yes, later." I said.

"Oh, okay. Erm.. about dinner, just find something in the fridge." she said and I shrugged.

I needed to talk to my mum about what was going on with her. But not now, especially when he was there.

The night went pretty quick, I got to work okay, and William never showed up. I didn't really know how I felt about that, I hadn't actually spent a night at the place on my own before. The night was peaceful enough, only having to shut the doors a couple times.

I would be getting my first pay check soon, I was kind of excited. I had no idea when I was going to move out, or get a car, but it was definitely not anytime soon.

I worried about it the future. Dad was clearly still an alcoholic, whenever he was around the room stank of beer. I didn't know how I would put up with it. Hopefully it was just temporary and he'd be gone soon.

But little did I know it would only get worse...