⚠︎︎ 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ⚠︎︎

"What the f*ck dude!?" I yanked my arm away from him.

"What's going on out here!?" Henry came out.

Suddenly sirens surrounded the building. Oh god, what the heck!?

"William, what the hell is going on..." I looked at him.

Police entered the restaurant soon after, and before we knew it me, Henry, William, and a few other employees were all in Henry's office.

"Take a seat, Mr Emily." a police lady said.

Henry sat down and the two police officers sat down opposite him, the rest of us stood at the side near the door.

William looked overly calm. Too calm.

"Mr Emily, we've had reports of children going missing around the village, 5 of which were all last seen here at this restaurant."

"Oh, dear god!" I thought Henry was going to have some sort of heart attack at first.

"Anyway, some parents have reported someone hanging around some of the kids dressed in a yellow bunny suit? Before they went missing."

"Well that must be the old Springbonnie suit! But that thing hasn't been used for at least a year..." Henry looked at William. "Right?"

"Yes, not used at all. At least, not by any of us." William said.

"Okay, well we'll be back tomorrow for an interview with each of you. And I'm sorry Mr Emily but we might have to temporarily close the restaurant until we find out what's going on." the police lady said.

"Oh, okay..." he said and with that, the officers left.

I quickly went and gave Henry a hug.

"I'm so sorry..." I said. "I'm sure it'll all be okay."

"Yes, thank you dear. Your right. But, what was that going on earlier? Something about a bad smell?"

"Oh yeah, someone said a bad smell was coming from one of the anima-"

"That's all sorted now. Don't worry!" William said and made a swift exit.

I sighed and gave Henry some space to process all that had happened. I went to go look for Charlie and Sammy, just to make sure they were alright. They were probably hungry after all.

Time skip

I walked in to Mum asleep on the sofa. Wait... Dad wasn't there!?

I was about to put a blanket over her when there was a knock at the door. Mum bolted upright, almost head butting me.

"Oh! Sorry mum!" I said as she gasped.

I would've got the door, but the fear of it being Dad made me not want to. But mum didn't seem like she was going to get up, so I went anyway. My stomach did twists and turns as I turned the door handle.

Henry was at the door. I felt a massive relief once again. I'd completely forgotten he was going to come round. Once I let him in I got mum up.

"Er... hey Henry..." she said.

"Hi M/N. (Mum's name) You doing alright?"

"Yes and yourself?"

We all sat down. I sighed and put my face in my hands.

"Oh, well things haven't been the best... the restaurant might be closing down..."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

They had an alright conversation. That was until Henry asked about... him...

"So... what's this going on with Paul? (Dad's name)"

"He'a staying here because he got... kicked out."

"Look, it may not be much of my business but... do you really think it's a good idea? You know-"

"I think it's fine. I don't understand why Y/N has a problem with it. She's just jealous I'm spending time with a man."

"I'm sure it's not like that-"

"HENRY! You don't understand. I can't do it with just Y/N! I can't do it on my own. I need a man in my house. And if Y/N doesn't like it then she can very well leave." she said and then took a swig of more beer.

Mum had changed so much in the last few days. It's as if she was a completely different person. I didn't want her to end up like Dad. I couldn't let that happen.

Henry looked at me and I had tears going down my face.

"Sorry. I guess I'll take my leave. I wish you both the best." he said and soon left.

I went to my room, and not long after Dad came back. I practically cried myself to sleep, no dinner, still in my clothes. I hated this. I hated it so much. And there was nothing I could do. It broke my heart that Mum was suddenly being like this. I didn't want to live there whilst that man was.