CHAPTER NINE

MARGARET GREY POINT OF VIEW

Dark times where head of this. Margaret had send a letter to the Woodville's demanding he whereabouts of her brother. No response. In the castle, it's been silent.

Her father was left of taking care of Richard mess and offer his position as new royal guard. Lord Warwick was satisfied with the new choice guard. She needed to speak to Edward.

"Where can I find Edward chambers?" She asked herself, she walked down the halls till she stop when she saw Edward heading in to his room. Since her stay here they been avoiding each other and now she has to confront him. She made her way to his rooms about to open the door, she took some breaths.

She open it only to find Edward writing on his desk. Before she made a move, he spoke.

"You need to speak to yourself in low voice. I could hear you whimpering down the hall." He kept writing.

"How dare you? I wasn't whimpering?" She got closer to him. Edward didn't face her and kept writing. "If you where wondering where my chambers were, could've asked me." He chuckles still writing.

"Oh please, Edward you're so busy in your thoughts you don't know whom I am." She replied, smirking. Edward looked at her with awe struck turning his head finally seeing her.

"You know when you question me? I always win, Margaret." He smirked looking at her. Margaret roll her eyes. "I need to speak to you."

Edward raised his eyebrows. "You speak to me?"

"Of course, Edward. It's about my father." She reply. Margaret took one look at him before she continued. "I'm aware we're engaged."

Edward finally looked at her longingly. "I was hoping you don't find out till after I win the war." Margaret took one look at him. "If you think for a moment, I'll wed you, you're wrong. I'm engaged to Anthony Woodville." She blurted out. Edward laughs. "No you aren't. You do realized I have power who gets to marry, I never gave you my bLessing, nor I was ask," he continued to write.

"Edward, my brother has done a stupid thing. We're in debt to Lord Warwick. You need to help us." Edward look at her for long second. "Richard told me he loves Elizabeth Woodville. I can't understand that. I never met her but I hear she's quite a beauty."

Margaret looked at him warily. "You knew my brother was going to leave?!" She got closer to him causing him to fall back. "I find myself in a limbo here. You were ignoring me and seeing me as I were a monster who snatch you and you're family to be kept here like animals."

"Animals?" She gasped.

Edward looked at her warily. "I didn't know Margaret. I would've have told you."

Margaret sighed. She knew deep inside her heart he would have. Edward has a good heart. He always had. When she slowly couldn't take it anymore blurted out. "I don't want to marry you, Edward."

Edward looked at her confused. "What makes you say that?" He stopped completely. "Whatever you say, Edward. All, I know is that I can't become queen." Edward looked at her one last time before standing up and sighing

"Is there another? You love another one?" Margaret didn't want to say. There wasn't actually. The only boy she had feelings for growing up was Edward, will always be. Edward is a perfect man, but perfectly wrong for her.

"No."

Edward gasped. "So what makes you say that? Margaret? I'm offering marriage to you? marriage? I'm going against everything I believed in. If you marry me, perhaps the mess you're brother made would be forgiven. All will be forgotten."

Margaret looked at him. "There is a lot of things, I would say, this will never work." Edward sighed. "If you don't want to marry, I won't force you but you'll know my heart keens not be around you." He walked back to his desk and sat down kept writing. Margaret continued to walked closer to him putting her hand on his back.

"Please, Edward. My father, please for the love you bare for me. Don't make him fight in the battle. Lord Warwick appointed him as new royal guard. He could die."

Edward sighed turning his head to look at her. She was so beautiful in his eyes. "I will do my best."

Margaret smiled looking upon him. "I've hoping you changed you're mind about me. I do love you." That's when her eyes sting onto him like golden.

"Love?" She questioned.

Edward smirks. "Accept my marriage proposal . You'll be my queen." Margaret looked awry and needed some air, she didn't know what to say. Edward has gone mad. She did love him and wished nothing more than to be with him but every since he became king that cannot happen. She has nothing to offer him and she will be burden in his eyes and it will hurt learning that she will be useless queen beside her side. Edward loves her

That's different.

He never say those words.

They knew each other since children.

If they truly love each other, love can be conquered.

"You don't mean that, Edward." She spoke taking some breaths. Edward smirks turning to look at her. Margaret couldn't say anything but watched in amazement.

He was so perfectly wrong for her, so perfect.

She can forget him. Not a day goes by where she doesn't think of him. She loves him with all her heart and soul.

They cannot married.

She's not a princess.

"Edward, if I accept this, my life would be ruined." Edward took her hand and began to kissed it and she admitted, it felt good feeling his touch and his lips all over her hands, she crave for him. She wanted him.

"I'll make sure I speak to Warwick about you're father. You need to trust me, Margaret, my love. Trust me."

Margaret did.

AUTHOR NOTE

Next update in 5 months 😈😈 lol