Chapter 48: Working and Studying

Leinei groans as she stretches her arms above her head, leaning to the right and feeling her back crack before straightening out. Training with Shinso and Aizawa had been productive enough, with her getting to try out both of the new ultimates she had been working on. One was better than the other, the latter needing a little bit more work before being implemented in the field.

"Just because you have your provisional license now doesn't mean you can slack off on your training," Aizawa had told her as she and Shinso had started the lesson off with some light sparring and she got her ass kicked.

I just gotta work on it some more. I must still be off my game from the fight with Seiji.

Something hadn't felt right with her since then, like something had a hold on her body that she didn't recognize. She doesn't even know how she lost control the way she did, so ready to kill him and prove him right about everything.

I don't even want to think about what would have happened if Katsu and the others hadn't been there.

As she heads up the path leading back to the dorms, she sees a spiky indigo haired boy in the UA uniform, hiding behind a tree. Or rather, with his head pressed against the trunk of the tree as he mumbles to himself.

"-why I had to come," he mumbles, barely audible as Leinei gets close enough to make out what he's saying. "He could have done this on his own. Why do I have to be here? I can't even imagine them as potatoes..."

Potatoes?

"I'm sorry, can I help you?" Leinei asks, having come up behind him. He flinches, a shudder running through his body as he doesn't turn around. "Why are you spying on our dorms?"

"Oh god she doesn't sound like a potato."

"What exactly does a potato sound..never mind. Who are you?"

He doesn't say anything. She moves closer, moving around on his side to get a peek at his face. She catches a glimpse of his pointed ears and the bangs hiding his eyes. She pokes his shoulder and he cringes away, shifting around the tree away from her.

"You go to school here right?" she asks, tilting her head. "You have to be in one of the other classes, I've never seen you before."

"I-I..."

"I'm Leinei. Salinsa, if that helps," she says gently, softening her tone as if she's talking to a child. He lets out a soft whimper, tilting his head further down with his bangs shadowing his face. "I'm in 1A."

"I-I know...I'm a th-third year."

"A third year?" she says, surprised. "Wow. What class are you in?"

"...A..."

"I-I'm sorry, it sounded like you said you were in class A."

"...Bye."

He turns and walks away quickly, his head down and his hands in his pockets with his shoulders slumped inwards. Leinei blinks fast in confusion, tilting her head as she watches the male walk away from her. After a few seconds, she shakes her head and jogs the rest of the way to the dorm, taking the steps two at a time as Izuku comes out with the trash bags.

"Hey, Izu! Do you need any help with those?" she asks, holding the door for him as he struggles a bit. He laughs and shakes his head.

"Nah, this is my punishment! I got it! Even if I have to make three trips, I'll get it done."

"Alright. Lemme know if you need help."

"Thank you, Salinsa!"

She nods and waits until he's down the stairs before walking inside and letting the door close. Walking into the kitchen to grab a water bottle, Mina comes over and hugs her arm, grinning.