Chapter 52: Unpleasantries

"Oh, Salinsa, Kirishima, you guys got called in today too?" Izuku asks as the two of them are walking down the stairs of their dorm building. He smiles earnestly, still in his school uniform like the two in front of him. "If so, maybe we can walk to the train station together."

"That sounds good, man! Let's go for it!"

"Are you three going to your work studies?" Ochaco calls as she and Asui step out of the door, also wearing their school uniforms. "Mind if we tag along to the train station?"

"Go for it," Leinei replies with a smile. "The more the merrier!"

Same train station.

Same crosswalk.

Same corner-?

Why are we all going to the same place? I thought their work studies were in different-

"Hey, it's Amajiki!" Eijirou says excitedly as they come up to the building they were supposed to meet Fatgum at. Nejire and Mirio were standing alongside him, all three of them in their school uniforms.

"It's the entire Big Three," Izuku whispers, his eyes wide in surprise. "What's going on that they're all needed here?"

"Beats me," Leinei says, offering a smile at their upperclassmen. "My sister just told me it had something to do with what happened to Kiri and I in Esuha the other day."

"Wow you sure get the inside scoops huh!" Mirio laughs, bringing a flush to her cheeks. "Who's your sister?"

"Oh no, let me guess!" Nejire says eagerly, bouncing on her toes. "Is it Bubble Girl? You two totally look like you guys could be related!!"

"Just because they possibly look alike doesn't mean they're related, Hado," Tamaki sighs softly, shrinking in on himself. Leinei lets out a soft strained laugh, rubbing the back of her head as Nejire keeps throwing out guesses, each further and further away as they walk inside the building.

"Holy cow, there's so many pros here," Eijirou whispers, awestruck by the dozen heroes milling about, Ryukyu and Fatgum conversing off to the side. "Oh hey, it's Mr. Aizawa!"

Their teacher glances up from the door he was so intently studying, confused to see his students here. Ochaco and Asui head towards him as Nejire throws her arms around Ryukyu's neck, asking more questions. Eijirou and Tamaki head towards Fatgum, Leinei going to follow until a pair of arms wraps around her and she's tugged back into a tight hug.

"I love seeing you out of school, but why are you missing class?" Reina asks before letting her sister go. "I didn't think they'd actually include the students in this meeting."

"Fatgum said they needed me and Kiri's first hand testimonies. Well, his is more first hand than mine, as well as Amajiki's because he was actually shot with one of the bullets."

"Holy crap, is he okay?"

"Yeah, he's fine. His quirk is back and there's minimal lasting damage, nothing Recovery Girl couldn't fix," Leinei assures, nodding as her sister lets out a soft breath. "I was shot at, but it hit one of the people I was protecting. Speaking of which-"

"Nao is doing just fine," Reina says with a smile, tousling her sister's hair. "His kids are cute too. I found some decent income based housing for them, and gave him an advance on his next two checks. You did good. I'm proud of you."

She..she actually means it...there's nothing but pride and love there...

Tears prick at her eyes and Leinei clears her throat, quickly wiping them away as Reina laughs and hugs her again. Reina repeats her words and pats her sister's back as more people file in and Sir Nighteye clears his throat, gesturing to the door leading to the meeting room itself.