Chapter 4:Prism Peaks

I got onto my dragon and took to the sky,I sat on my dragon and drifted in and out of sleep,in less than an hour I saw a forest,which i'm guessing was the Terra Firma forest,I was about to tell Ruby to land but the Kaida got into a completely different direction,Ruby followed,I raised my eyebrow.

"But the forest"I muttered.

"Sorry Artemis,I promised Hunter that he'd let Scarlet know he'd go with us"Kaida said.

"Why didn't you tell me?"I asked.

"You were sleeping like a log"Kaida said,I grunted.

"But why'd you say it took a day?"I asked grumpily.

"It'll take half a day to go to the peaks,and another half coming back here,Hunter will guide us there"Kaida said.

I sat back and fell in and out of sleep,I didn't know why but the wing movements of Ruby seemed to make me drowsy,I fell asleep for what seemed like hours before I awoke because of the sound of fire.

Bolting up I looked around and Kaida had the same look of shock.Ruby and Ryuu turned around and growled,it was Avdimi.He roared and I realized he had scars on his body,either the skywolves doing,or Ethan's and Jacob's.He roared and sent out another fire ball,we deflected by firing our own.

Ruby roared and charged into Avdimi,it was up to the dragons,I only brought a dagger,my armor and sword were left behind,and so was Kaida's.Then the dragons collided,Avdimi grabbed her wings and dove,at the last moment he slowed,as if he' send Ruby crashing to the ground.I grabbed my dagger and as Avdimi was about the let go,I got on him.

With my dagger I made a tear across one of his wings,he roared angrily and let go off Ruby sending her spinning,she regained her balance,and flew near Avdimi,I hopped on and tucked the dagger back in.Avdimi sent out a fire ball and it passed by scorching my clothes,the sleeve was burnt and so was a bit of my hair.

That was when Kaida and Ryuu sent a fire ball at him and sent him coff balance,once he flew steadily he roared at us,he charged but then a figure leaped up and headbutted him,straight at his abdomen,he roared and I made out Scepthis.

"You really think you can get rid of me that easy?"Scepthis said.

Sending a purple orb surrounded in flames at Avdimi he flew away,but before he left he sent us a glare,he was outnumbered and decided to flee.

"Why did you leave me?"Scepthis said.

"We were in a hurry"I said.

"So you went on a quest,without me?"Scepthis said.

"We'll make it up to you,come with us"Kaida said.

"Apology accepted"Scepthis said,grinning.

"Come on,I doubt Avdimi will come back,that'll take some time to heal"Kaida said.

We flew on and as the sun began to go down we reached a beatiful place,it had lush greenery at the bottom and a passageway which led to the top,which was a cliff that was a good distance from the ground,at the top,several different colored gems lined the peak,there were boulder-sized ones,ones the size of my head and some lined the passageway.

Several Skywolves were doing several things,I was about to ask Hunter how it got it's name but the sun answered before I could say anything,it shone at the gems and they reflected the sunlight,several colors combined,forming several prisms,all the skywolves stopped and watched in awe.

As the sight ended,Hunter pointed out a scarlet figure and we flew to it,when we landed Hunter hugged Scarlet and ruffled the fur of Rogue,who was the size of my head.We exchanged greetings and took turns to play with Rogue.

"She's really small"I said.

"She's an elemental"Hunter said.

"This is actually normal,i'm thirty years old you know"Ruby said.

"But you look so young!"I said back to her.

"Skywolves actually age really slowly,since she's and elemental she ages twice as slowly,it'll take ten years for her to be juvenile,ten more to be adult"Hunter said.

I shook my head and we talked for a while,when the sun set,we said goodbye and headed back to Terra Firma forest.When it was midnight we had finally landed at the edge of the forest,everyone was exhausted,so I built a fire and we all fell asleep.

(At Dawn)

I had woken up before Kaida and the others,so I helped myself to some apples and wandered around the forest,when the sun was up,I realized,I had gotten myself lost...