Chapter 6:Underground

I had woken up,I found Ruby passed out beside me her body bruised and covered in dust,I could make out her form,then I rubbed my head and everythibg came back to me,she blocked me from the rocks,I raised her head,she was okay.I had looked around in the pitch black I didn't see anything,then a light formed next to me.

I heard moaning Ruby was waking up,when she found out it was dark she let me mount her and she flared up,carefully avoiding where I was,she opted to guide me,I let her,dragons could see well in the dark.

"Ruby!"a voice called out.

I looked and I could make out an outline of something coming to us fast,startled Ruby sent out a warning shot and it dogded,luckily the fire illuminated the form and it was Kaida,she looked worried.

"What is it?"I asked

"Ryuu,a rock broke his leg and has him trapped"Kaida said.

Quickly we rushed to him and with the help of Ruby we moved the rock,Ryuu was lying,whimpering.Kaida hugged his neck and told him it was alright,Ruby looked away.

"Artemis,help him"Kaida said.

"Terrafang ,he might help"Ruby whispered.

I nodded and so did Kaida,Ruby decided to carry him while we walked on foot,then after a few minutes of wandering,a form pounced Kaida, I unsheathed my dagger and Ruby growled.

Her fire illuminated a skywolf which grinned,Ruby stopped growling and continued walking,I helped Kaida up and noticed both of us were covered in dust,I looked and saw that Ruby and Hunter were already a good distance ahead of us.We ran and quickly caught up.

"Where's Scepthis? "I asked,Hunter shrugged.

We heard roaring and fire,the fire illuminated a form,he formed a circle of fire around him and when the fire was put out he put more I ran over to him and he calmed down.

"What's with the fire?"I asked.

"I'm scared of the dark"he muttered.

I heard giggling and coud'nt help but smile,a big dragon afraid of the dark?That's like a warrior afraid of a moth,it's stupid.

"What?"I responded.

"It just reminds me too much of Zegonn"he muttered.

The giggling stopped and my smile dropped.

We continued on our way,Scepthis helped carry Ryuu and then we saw a small beam of light,Ruby blasted it letting all the light in,I looked and everyone was covered in dust and rubble,all of us went through the hole,I volunteered to go first and when half of my body was up I looked up and was meeted by yellow eyes.

Startled,I fell and landed on my back,groaning I stood back up and got up again,we were in another cave,this time there was light,but the yellow eyes were gone,thinking my mind was trolling me,I helped the others up.Then I heard hissing to my left,I threw my dagger and caught a glimpse of a figure,it moved and this time Ruby sent a fire ball.

It pounced on Ruby and wrestled around,it was hard to see it was like it was camouflaged.The being was driven back by Scepthis' tail.It hissed but stil remained invisible so we still couldn't see it.Then Ruby sent three fireballs to different parts of the cave.

I saw movement again and befire I could react I was hit by a force much like a dragon tail,the last thing I saw was Kaida coming to me but being knocked by an invisible force,then everything turned black.

(Time Skip)

I had woken up,a massive pressure on my chest,I tried to stand but then fell,I realized that my hands were binded by a very tough vine,I looked and saw Hunter,Scepthis, and Ruby and binded by the same vine.Then I heard grunting and found Kaida beside me,she woke up and after looking around her eyes widened.

"Artemis where's Ryuu?"Kaida asked.

I looked around,Ryuu was indeed gone,then with great effort,I managed to slice myself free by cutting the vines with my dagger,I set the others free and after I did I kept my dagger I heard a roar,I looked at Kaida and she nodded,I calmed down because it was Ryuu's roar.

Then I heard fighting which was replaced by silence,a rock moved from the cave and Ryuu ran quickly and embraced Kaida,I looked at his leg and was surprise there was no mark of it ever being broken not even a scar,he was miraculously healed.Another dragon came forth from the stone,it nodded at Ryuu and he nodded back.

"Who are you?"I asked.

"I'm Sapphron,now how did you find out this was Terrafang's lair?"he asked.

Kaida's eyes widened in shock.

"We didn't we only came here to rest we honestly had no idea"I said.

"I see"Sapphron calmly responded.

"How'd you heal Ryuu?"Kaida asked.

"Nothing a little healing plants can't fix"he said proudly.

"Which healing plants?"Hunter asked.

"Celi Berry,Stinger fruit,Cinder rose,I mix them together"Sapphron responded.

"So bro-"I began.

When I said 'bro' she instantly gave me a look which meant if I said that word again,she'll kill me.I mouthed an 'oh',I hadn't really mastered how to tell if a dragon,or a skywolf's a boy or a girl,they all seemed to look exactly the same.I grinned sheepishly,then she walked into the sunlight,still glaring at me.

She was tawny,with red violet patches in her mouth,legs and her tail,then another head popped up,she looked exactly the same as Sapphron except her head was smaller,and she had a scar running down her eye.It snarled and it's nostrils smoked.

"Hush"Sapphron said to the other head,it calmed down and disappeared again.

"So Why are you here?"Sapphron asked no longer glaring at me.

"Terrafang"Kaida said.