The boy in the iceberg

Water. Earth. Fire. Air.
Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Only the Avatar, master of all four elements , could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he vanished.

(Y/N)'s POV

I practice my water bending until I hear some arguing. I see a girl and a boy getting pulled by the water until they crash into ice. I step on top of a big chunk of ice and watch entratained. "You are the most sexist, immature, nut-brained... I'm embarrassed to be related to you!" I hear as the ice starts breaking and move to stand on a way way smaller piece floating close to theirs. "Ever since mom died I've been doing all the work around camp while you've been off playing soldier!" The guy makes a nervous expression as the ice chunk starts falling apart. "Uhh Katara." He points behind her. "I even wash all the clothes! Have you ever smelled your dirty socks? Let me tell you, not pleasant!" "Settle down!" "No, that's it! I'm done helping you! From now on, you're on your own!" The ice breaks into half and sends all the ice away with the water.

"Okay, you've gone from weird to freakish, Katara." "You mean I did that?" "Yep, congratulations!" I snicker at the sarcasm. A light appears in front of them, coming out of the water. Another chunk of ice comes out as they gasp. I stare at the ice and see a silhouette of a boy with an arrow on his head and fists. He opens his eyes. "He's alive! We have to help him!" She grabs some kind of weird sword of some kind from her brother's back. "Katana, get back here! We don't know what that thing is." She starts hitting the ice with the weapon until it makes a whole and air gushes out. It crackles and breaks as a light comes out. The boy comes out. "Stop!" Says the guy as he points his weapon towards the other guy. The guy falls from the ice as I jump and land besides him. While the girl catches him. The guy pokes his head with the back of his weapon. "Stop it." The girl who's name I guess by now is Katara pushes the weapon away. The guy with the arrow seems to start waking up.

"I need to ask you something." Says the boy weakly. "What?" "Please, come closer." "What is it?" "Will you go penguin sledding with me?" He says excitedly. "Uh sure... I guess." He somehow stands up without any support. "What's going on here?" "You tell us! How did you get in the ice? And why are you not frozen?" Arrows... an air nomad! "I'm taking him." "I'm not sure." Did I just get ignored? A soft grunt is heard as he starts climbing the ice. "Appa! Are you alright? Wake up, buddy." "Tsimu?" He slithers from my arm onto the ice. I 'see' how the air nomad was trying to wake up his... flying bison? "What is that thing?" "This is Appa, my flying bison." "Right! And this is Katara, my flying sister." I 'see' Appa grunt and sneeze, covering the water boy in its snot.

"Don't worry, it'll wash out." Tsimu slithers closer to the air nomad and bites his legs with his gums. "Oh hi there." He kneels down and pets Tsimu. I walk towards him and Tsimu. "Where are its teeth?" "They just fall off randomly, they'll grow back." "So, do you guys live around here?" "Don't answer that! Did you see that crazy bolt of light? He probably was trying to alert the fire nation navy." "I'm sure he's a spy for the fire navy. You can tell by that evil look in his eye." He smiles and lifts his eyebrow slightly. "The paranoid one is my brother, Sokka. You never told us your name." "I'm a...a-a...a-a-Aachoo!" He flies away and falls. "I'm Aang." He says smiling as he sniffles. "You just sneezed, and flew ten feet in the air!" "Really? It felt higher than that." "You're an airbender!" "Sure am." "Giant light beam, flying bison, airbenders. I think I got midnight sun madness. I'm going home, where stuff makes sense." He stares at the ocean.

"Well if you guys are stuck, Appa and I can give you a lift." He jumps into Appa's head. "We'd love a ride! Thanks!" "Oh, no, I'm not getting on that fluffy snot monster." Katara climbs onto Appa. "Are you hoping some other kind of monster will come along and give you a ride home? You know, before you freeze to death?" "I can give you a ride." I say behind him. As he looks at me scared. "What is wrong with your face?!" "What's wrong with YOUR face? I'm so not giving you a ride. Come on Tsimu." It hisses and slithers around his neck then back to me. I bend the water into ice with every step as it quickly melts while Tsimu just swam besides me.

I wake up to an explosion going off in the sky.