Chapter 8

When Bugs got out of the bathroom, he went over to the kitchen/living room area.

Only for him to notice instantly, that Rodney had just left the apartment and sighed.

He's probably still mad at me for bringing in Daffy, unexpectedly.

But...what was I supposed to do?

I couldn't just leave him there.

I had to help him somehow.

Bugs thought while rubbing his head tirelessly and walked over to the couch where he decided to sit next to Daffy, who continued to watch TV with his own set of thoughts in his head.

After witnessing Bugs and Rodney arguing at the kitchen earlier, he was deeply worried that he may only be a burden to Bugs and hoped that he could get his music career going soon so that he wouldn't be a nuisance to them, any longer.

But...would it be selfish to say otherwise and  that he didn't want to leave him?

Some people think that it makes them too clingy or attached to that person.

While others would have considered it to be the  complete opposite.

Bugs was a good person and if he didn't know any better.

He would see to it later on, that Bugs was also trying to befriend him by spending some time with him and getting a chance to know him better throughout his personal 'help' journey.

But until Daffy feels right with this new friendship, he continued to keep his guard up in his heart for now, just in case.

At this point, both were still silent until finally Bugs decided to start their conversation.

"So... were you able to see that everything was in place when we gathered together your stuff?" Bugs asked, curiously as Daffy glanced over at his direction and lowered down the volume of the TV for a bit.

"Hmm?" Daffy asked while figuring out what he was talking about until he understood the question and responded immediately.

"O...Oh! Yeah. It's fine. I think...it's just the piggy bank money that was missing, that's all. You don't have to worry about replacing anything. I have everything that I need here." Daffy said while he lowering his head down.

Bugs then looked over at him with concern when he noticed that Daffy was feeling troubled.

"What's wrong?" Bugs asked as Daffy turned back to him, with an expression so gloomy that it would make your heart sink in its chest.

"Be honest with me, are you for sure that you're okay with me staying here? If your friend starts to get annoyed or anything, I can just go and...." Daffy said until Bugs cut him off, quickly.

"Daffy, I told you already that it's fine. You can still stay. Regardless, of what my roommate had to say about it. Our fight was just a simple argument over my decisions that I made for myself and not anybody else's." Bugs informed as Daffy turned away from him and leaned his head on the edge of his hand to prop himself up.

"I know, but...I don't want to be the reason why your friend is still upset with you." Daffy said while Bugs started to rub his forehead a little as he  attempts to explain to him how his friend seems to react around to other people .

"Sigh. Rodney can be quite the character but... he worries a lot about my easy empathy towards everyone. And he may be a little harsh to the new people in my life but, he's just doing what he thinks is best for me, that's all. We've always looked out for each other over the years. And to be honest, he's more afraid of change than he realizes. He even fears the worst in what people could do rather than taking the time to see the optimistic side of their life. But I never for once, doubt about my decision to help you. And the reason why I was able to understand the circumstances was because you reminded me of what I would be like if I didn't have anyone out there to guide me as well. You and I, both, have big dreams and want to be able to succeed in our lives. So, why not give you the chance to try and make it into a reality, right?" Bugs asked as Daffy looked over back at him and smiled warmly at him.

"After all, we're friends now, aren't we?" Bugs asked as Daffy immediately jolted back with his face, turning slowly pink in reaction.

"You....want to be my friend?" Daffy asked, rhetorically, with his heart pounding hard in his chest.

"Pfft, Of course I do. How else would I get to know more of that positive side of you? Stop worrying so much about it, it's okay for us to be acquainted with each other." Bugs said with a chuckle as he attempts to ease the poor guy's worry.

"I know that. It's just...you would be the first friend to ever put up with me. I know my old friend back home didn't, growing up. And the worse part was that he betrayed our friendship by becoming the biggest bully to me in school. After that, I didn't feel safe with being friends with anyone else and stayed mostly to myself." Daffy explained sadly as Bugs lowered his ears down and understood.

"Oh...well, I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I can promise you for sure that no matter what, I won't ever turn my back against you. I'll always be there when you need me."  Bugs said as Daffy reformed his bright smile with a lot more ease and relief.

"Thanks." Daffy said while Bugs grinned right back at him in reassurance.

"Anytime." Bugs said softly as the two locked eyes for a moment until it started to get awkward quick, and Daffy had to break the silence.

"*Ahem. So, uh anyways...do you want to grab something to eat outside or..." Daffy was going to ask while rubbing his arm until Bugs interrupted him.

"Y...yeah, that'll be fine." Bugs answered with a similar nervous tone while rubbing his neck, with his face turning into a blushing red as well.

"That's great then, what place do you think sounds good for tonight?" Daffy asked as Bugs thought about it for a minute before mentioning a place in mind.

"Hmm. I was thinking Italian. Do you want to go to Girardi's Pizza and Pasta place? I've heard that they've got the best pizzas in town." Bugs suggested.

"Sure. I don't think I've ever been there before. Do they have any good meatball subs?" Daffy asked, curiously.

"Don't know, but we can still see what they've got. Come on, we should head over there now before they close." Bugs said as the two then walked out of the apartment and started driving on up to the place in Bugs's car.