The very beginning

Here I am! This is how it all started...A single beautiful flower with pink ends and a fiery pretty center.
I grew here, happily near a cliff side with a neighbor of lush growing leaves on a nearby branch.

Plenty of sunlight, a light breeze and a wonderful branch, what else can a flower ask for?

....

And then it happened....

More monsters began to roam as war broke out a long time ago and humans began experimenting.

I of course wasn't worried. I was pretty sure I was a known plant in the area. Plus, what does a plant have to worry about in a war?

I sensed a being close to the edge of the cliff my branch hung from and next thing I know, I am thrusted off my branch, guided into the wind by a being that pushed me off while it was fighting horrible monsters that were also of plant origins.

I guess the being was struggling against those foes and got pushed off the edge. Whilst hanging for dear life, they used my branch...my sanctuary..my home to hoist themselves back over the edge knocking me off in the process.

Here I am now, gliding around as I get closer and closer to the ground until I finally land securely in the middle of a stone path.

Barley any sunlight, no ground or branch for my roots to take shelter in. Is this how I die?

The heat here feels as though it's as warm as the sun. Perhaps if I were strong enough, my roots could crack or find a way through the stone and I could live here now.

Wait! I sense something! Another plant? Is it that monster from before?
Is it alive still?
No...it's corpse lays next to me... unmoving.

I guess the being from before won it's battle of survival in the end.
I might be the next plant to die if I don't do something soon.

This plant.....it was strong...
Perhaps, it's roots are too...
If I were to merge my roots with it maybe I could absorb it's strength...
What else could I do? It's survival of the fittest and this beautiful plant wants to live!

With what little strength my roots have left it them from being exposed for so long, they make their way to the corpse of the plant with a fiery feeling center and I begin to feel myself merge with it over time.

After a while I feel my newfound roots dig into the ground through the stone underneath me and I feel that I have taken a new shape then the flower that I was once before. What's better, I had found a new home that I was able to adapt to.

..........................

5 Years passed; making me a 12 year old plant, and I grew and grew and grew and I was bigger then any flower around. What's more, I found that I was able to defend myself and fight with fiery abilities that I didn't once possess.

I fought beings with metal blades and all kinds of weapons. It was a strange feeling when I first discovered it trying my best to survive from something that was trying to cut me down but it was something I got used to whenever I sensed an entity taking a single step into the stone ground around me.

I thought nothing could stop me!

And then out of the blue, an entity with a sword stopped me.... Strange enough though was that, instead of slaying me, it let me go.

Everyday after that, it actually came back to fight me over and over again.
Honestly, I think I actually started to enjoy the fights too.
I was...lonely. I missed the company of the everyday sun and it's rays as they greeted my petals along with the neighboring leaves and how they waved "hi" whenever a gust a wind blew through.

I was actually happy....even though I lost the fight. I looked forward to it when it came from that fiery tunnel or even from up high in the sky.

It then one day stopped  and the days grew distant as all I did was slumber most of my time away.

I was starting to feel lonely again. I longed for the figure to come back and fight me.

Something did come eventually...

Instead, it was something else entirely. Something that would turn life as I knew it completely around.