Chapter 1

@copy from Quotev stories.
I thought the story was amazing so i copied it. Please do not put hate to this story. Its such a cute love story. .

################################%

Info ▼You See the Invisible

1)
I finished scribbling down notes in my notebook while everyone packed up their items. The school bell was about to ring in a minute and I wasn't done taking notes. The whole class probably didn't even finish.

My thoughts were interrupted by the bell. I began packing up my stuff when my teacher interrupted me."Ellie and Matthew, can you stay after for a bit." Before I could protest, she began walking over to me. She motioned to Matthew to come over with us.

Matthew is the school player. He's the football star and could easily get any girl he wanted. He had a reputation and one I didn't want to be a part of. I looked up at him and he noticeably rolled his eyes at me.

"Is there something I can help you with?" I asked Mrs. Columbus. Matthew walked over to me and looked at me with his piercing brown eyes. He licked his lips and rested back on the lab table. He crossed his arms over his chest and sighed loudly.

"Yes, I would like you to begin tutoring Matthew." Mrs. Columbus said.

"What?!" Matthew and I said together. Mrs. Columbus turned to Matthew and raised her eyebrow.

"Matthew-"

"It's Matt." he interrupted.

"Matt, you need to pass this class to go on to senior year. This is an eleventh grade class and Ellie is in tenth and passing."

"I'm just not good at chemistry." he said.

"Well Ellie is and our midterms are coming up in a few weeks and I really think you can pass. If you end up passing the midterm with a 70 or above, you don't need tutored anymore. Just please give it a shot." I looked at Matthew who quickly looked over at me. He rolled his eyes and looked at the time.

"I need to get to football." Matt grabbed his books and began to walk out of the room. When he was gone, Mrs. Columbus looked at me.

"Is he aware that he can't play football if he is failing a class?" I asked her.

"That's why I need you to tutor him. Coach Tyler came up to me and yelled at me because Matthew wasn't passing my class. I know he might be difficult to work with, but please just try with him." I nodded and gathered my stuff.

I felt my teacher watching me as I left the classroom. I walked up to my locker on the second floor. I noticed Matthew had a locker near mine. He was piling books into his backpack. I hated that I missed my bus and I needed a ride. Matthew had football, so I couldn't ask him.

I grabbed my bag and put my history folder and notebook in it. I grabbed "Eleanor and Park" and put it in my bag too. I noticed that in the corner of my eye, Matthew was watching me. I grabbed my jacket and closed my locker. I walked past Matthew and was only a bit down the hallway whenever he called out my name. I turned around and he slammed his locker door. He put his backpack on one shoulder and jogged towards me.

"Do you have a ride home?" he asked.

I shook my head. "Don't you have football though?"

"Coach won't let me practice because I'm late. I can take you home if you'd like." Matthew offered.

"You really don't have to do that. Thanks anyway." I turned around and walked down the hallway.

Whenever I made it to the door, I noticed it was pouring down rain. Someone cleared their throat and I turned around. Matthew was standing there, smirking at me. "Do you need a ride?" he asked.

I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest. "Fine."

"Follow me." I followed Matthew back to the first floor and to the T-Wing where the pool and the gym were.

"You park all the way by the tennis courts?" I asked him.

"Ya, it's easier and a shorter walk when it's snowing or raining." Matthew opened the door and gestured his arm forward.

"After you." Matthew smiled and I ran out into the rain. I assumed his car was the red pickup truck. It was the only car in the lot. Matthew unlocked the truck and I jumped up into the passenger seat. I shut the door quickly and saw Matthew taking his time walking to his truck. I guess he had nothing to worry about. He had a beanie on so his hair wasn't much of an issue.

After a few minutes, Matthew got in the truck. I sat there staring at him. I was cold and shivering. My hair was damp and I was so angry. Angry that I missed my bus. Angry that I have to tutor Matthew. Angry that Matthew has to bring me home. I don't like being around him. I'm a good girl and I don't need him messing things up.

"What?" he asked.

"Can you please just drive?"

Matthew started the truck and pulled out of the parking lot. Soon enough, we were off the school grounds. Matthew's hand was tightly gripping the lever of the gear shift and I began to get nervous. Matthew had his jaw clenched and he seemed angry.

"Um, I live in Rockland Manor." I told him.

"I know, I live in the same plan." I was silent. I knew Matthew could tell that I was nervous. He moved his hand from the lever and placed it on my knee. I tensed up a bit and Matt slowly moved his thumb over my knee.

"There's nothing to be worried about." Matthew said.

"Matthew. Please get you hand off of me." I said.

"My name is Matt." I turned my head and rolled my eyes.

"Oak Street." I told him, even though he was already turning on my street. He pulled into my driveway and he took his phone from the consul.

"I guess to should take your number." he said.

"What?" I panicked.

"So we can set up tutoring sessions. Don't worry, I'm not into sophomores." Matt winked at me and handed me his phone. I gave him mine and we both entered our numbers. I gave him his phone back to me and he winked at me.

I tensed up again and grabbed my phone from his hand. "Thanks for the ride." I said, with my voice on the verge of shaking. I gathered my stuff and quickly exited his car. I opened my front door and closed it without looking back at him. I peeked out my front door and saw him chuckling and looking at his phone. As he pulled out of my driveway, I turned away from the door and put my face in my hands.

What did I get myself into?
Next »