Chapter 22

Info ▼You See the Invisible

22)
Before you start reading this chapter, I'd just like to thank you. When I updated 4 days ago, I've have 287 favorites on this story. I've gained 54 hearts over that 4 day span. That's about 13 likes a day! I never thought this story would get this many favorites. Also, I love reading your comments. They are so funny and some of you guys are being really supportive of me. Thank you all so much for reading and favoriting and commenting. It means so much to me.

~~~~

The first day of the Magcon event was completed. Our plan is to go out for pizza and come back and go swimming. Matt was showering and I while he did that, I changed into a simple grey tank top, jean shorts, and underneath was my teal colored bathing suit. As I waited for Matt to come out of the bathroom, I watched t.v. Hotel t.v. isn't the best, but I was able to find "Saved By The Bell."

I watched an episode and a half and Matt was finally out of the bathroom. He came out wearing a black tank top and a pair of swim trunks. "Cute." I said, smiling.

"We're only going for pizza, not an Italian restaurant." he said. I playfully rolled my eyes and stood up from the bed. I grabbed the room key and placed it in my change purse. We walked out of the hotel room and met up with Gilinsky and Johnson at the elevator. They were both wearing their bathing suits and a black t-shirt.

"Did you guys get together and plan this?" I asked, looking at all three of them. They chuckled and shook their head.

"Not that I recall." Gilinsky said. The elevator stopped at our floor and when it opened, Taylor was standing there.

"Cute outfits." he said, laughing at the three boys. We all laughed and got onto the elevator. I was standing in between Matt and Taylor. I felt the heat radiating off both of them. "So Ellie," Taylor said. "I was thinking, we should ditch everyone tonight and go do something." Taylor winked at me and looked up at Matt.

"Back off, man." Matthew snaked an arm around my waist and pulled me into him. I giggled at Matt's jealousy even though we aren't a couple.

The elevator opened up at the lobby and we all got out. The rest of the boys were standing there, looking at us. Matt's hand grabbed mine and intertwined our fingers. He kissed my cheek as we walked up to them.

"Are you guys ready?" Aaron asked. We all looked at each other and nodded. We walked out of the hotel and down a few sidewalks to get to the pizza shop.

Cam and Nash ordered up at the counter and everyone else made their way into booths and tables. I was surprised we weren't attacked by screaming girls.

~~~

We made our way back to the hotel and to the pool. It was after six o'clock so no one was there. It was just the ten of us. I was still nervous about getting in the pool, since I'm not the best swimmer. Matt only taught me how to swim a few weeks ago.

I picked out a lounge chair and took off my shorts and tank top. Matt came over to me and pulled me into him. "You'll be fine." he whispered in my ear.

"How did you know I was nervous?" I questioned.

"I can see it in your eyes and you're shaking a little bit." I pulled away from him and looked up at him. "Trust me, I'll be beside you the whole time." I nodded and he took my hand and we walked in the pool through the steps. As we got in the water, Matt's grip on my hand tightened, reassuring me that he wasn't going to let me go. I looked over at him and smiled. I looked away from him and said. "How deep will you go?" he asked.

"5 foot." I answered immediately. Matt and I swam to the boys in the middle of the pool and they were all splashing each other. Besides the time Matt taught me how to swim, this is my first experience in a pool. My friends back in different cities would have pool parties or swim birthday parties and I never went. I was never taught how to swim. My dad taught my brother, but he was never around to teach me. Michael would offer to try and teach me multiple times but I shrugged it off. I don't know why, but I didn't refuse to let Matt teach me.

I wasn't paying attention and I felt someone push me down under the water. As I went under, water went up my nose and I began to panic. I never learned to go under or how to not let water get up my nose. I felt someone grabbed me and I came up gripping onto them. My nose burned and so did my eyes. The person I was holding took his hands and rubbed some water away from my eyes. When I opened them, I saw that Matthew was the one holding me and we were up against the wall. Everyone was looking at me and I felt my eyes fill up with tears. "I'm sorry, El-" Nash started, but I cut him off. I jumped out of the pool and went over to the lounge chair to grab my towel. I walked out of the pool and I heard someone following me. I was walking fast enough that they didn't catch me by the time I was on the elevator. I opened up the door to the hotel room and let the door shut behind me. I went into the bathroom and stripped out of my bathing suit. I put on the robe that was hanging on the back of the door and pulled up my soaking wet hair. I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed that my eyes were bloodshot and my face was red. I turned around and let the robe fall to my feet. I turned on the shower water and stepped in.

I washed myself and my hair then I got back out. I dried myself off and put the robe back on. I wrapped my hair up in a towel on my head and went out to my bed. I grabbed my book from the night stand and began to read. There was suddenly a pounding on the door and I rolled out of bed. I looked through the peep-hole and Matthew was standing there with a towel wrapped around his waist. I slowly opened the door and let him in. Matt walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me, embracing me. "Ellie." he breathed, down my neck. "I'm so glad you're okay." he whispered.

"I'm fine. I just got scared. And that whole experience was really embarrassing." I said. Matt held me tighter.

"I'm sorry. It's all my fault. I should have been holding you." he said.

"Don't worry about it, Matt. It's not your fault."

"I'm going to the bathroom to change out of my bathing suit. I'll be right back." he said, kissing my cheek.

I sat back down on the bed and waited for Matt to come out of the bathroom. Someone knocked on the door again and Matt came out of the bathroom to open the door. "Room service." I heard a man say.

"Thank you, sir." Matt said. Matt brought over a silver platter with a lid. He also had two cups and a half gallon of milk.

"What is this?" I asked. Matt sat down on the bed with me and took off the lid. There was a dozen of chocolate chip cookies. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Why did you do this?"

"Because I really wanted chocolate chip cookies." Matt said chuckling. "I'm kidding, I felt bad so I ordered us some cookies and milk." Matt poured each of us a glass of milk and I grabbed a cookie. When he sat back down, he took my hand, "I'll never let that happen to you again."

« PrevNext »