Chapter 3

Info ▼You See the Invisible

2)
I sat in my room and finished up my history homework. Soft music was echoing in my room. I was wearing an over-sized t-shirt given to me by my father. I didn't have a bra on and I was relaxing, reading, and listening to music. My phone buzzed, making me put down my laptop.

"Sexy Espinosa" was on my lock screen. I rolled my eyes and slid open the text.

"Hey tutor. I have a football game tomorrow so maybe you can come and after we can do some tutoring."

I was sort of impressed. Matt was the one to text me about the tutoring. I'd thought that I would have to text him first.

"Sorry, I'm not into school football games." I typed back.

I went on Tumblr and reblogged and liked posts. I was waiting for Matt to test me back, but it was taking a while. I wasn't really worried about it. Even though I felt something strange. I wanted to go to the football game with Matt. I wanted to be in his truck again which smelled like his cologne. I wanted him to touch me again..

What am I thinking? I don't want that. Well, I shouldn't want that. I shouldn't even want to be around Matt.

I touched the spot of my knee where he placed his hand. Butterflies churned in my stomach, but it was a wonderful feeling. I've never felt something like this before. Maybe because Matt was the first boy who ever even gave me attention.

My thoughts were thankfully interrupted by my phone vibrating again.

"How do you not like school football games? Never mind that, I'll pick you up at 2. The game is at 3. I expect to see you front row ;)"

I didn't say anything. I didn't want to go, but even if I protested he'd still pick me up.

I began craving hot apple cider. I crawled out of my bed and went downstairs. My brother, Michael, was laying on the couch. I forgot that he'd be down here and I didn't have pants on. I pulled my t-shirt down to cover more of thighs. Michael was half asleep anyway, so it didn't matter.

I went into the kitchen and brewed hot apple cider in the Keurig. I grabbed some Oreos from the cabinet and went up to bed.

~~~

Why did I care what I looked like? Did I actually put a little bit of lip gloss on my lips? I was wearing a Beatles baseball tee, light blue skinny jeans, and a pair of light grey Vans. My hair was straightened and my bangs were twisted off to the side. I smiled to myself in the mirror and I heard a car horn in the driveway. I looked out my bedroom window and Matt was in the driveway. I grabbed my bag and made sure my book was in there. I was never interested in sports except hockey. Whenever he's home, we'll watch every game, every day together.

I ran down the downstairs and out the front door. My mother and brother weren't home. I got in the front seat of Matt's truck. "Do you have your chemistry stuff?" he asked.

"Ya." I smiled at him.

"Good." Matt winked at me and then pulled out of my driveway. He was already wearing his pants with the padding underneath. He was wearing a white tank top and his muscles were easily visible. His hair was flat and not spiked like usual.

"You like the Beatles?" he asked, driving with one hand on the wheel.

"Um... yes I do." I looked down at my lap and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "So," I said.

"What?" Matt answered.

"What's it like being famous?" I asked with a smile.

"I'm not famous." he protested.

"I beg to differ. You have millions of followers on Vine and you have girls willing to do anything to meet you." I looked at Matt and his face flushed.

"Okay, well maybe I'm sort of famous." Matt chuckled and it made me laugh. I saw him look at me from the corner of my eye.

"You have a nice smile. You should do it more often." he told me.

"What are you talking about?"

"I never see you smiling in school." he said.

"Well, sometimes I don't really have a reason to." Matt was quiet and continued to drive to the high school.

« PrevNext »