Chapter 23

Info ▼You See the Invisible

23)
I woke up the next morning in Matt's arms. I tried to escape his arms without waking him up but I failed. When I stood up from the bed, Matt rolled over and rubbed his eyes open. I smiled at him and walked over to the edge of the bed. "Good morning," he said, with his voice filled with sleep.

"Morning." I chirped. "Do you want to order room service for breakfast or do you want to go down to the buffet?"

Matt let out a deep sigh and stretched out his arms. "Let's get room service again." he winked. I nodded and went over to my suitcase. I grabbed out a graphic tee-shirt and ripped jean shorts.

"You can order breakfast. I'm going to get ready. I want a Belgian waffle with a fruit cup." Matt chuckled and nodded. I heard him rustle in the bed and I went into the bathroom. I plugged in my hair straightener that was on the counter and peeled off my big t-shirt. I pulled on my shorts and then came on my shirt. I parted my hair and began to straighten it. It only takes me 15 minutes to straighten my hair so, by the time I finished, our breakfast was here.

I walked out of the bathroom and Matt was on the balcony. He was doing something, but I couldn't tell. He was already dressed for the day but his hair wasn't fixed. He came back into the room. "Breakfast for two?" he asked, taking my hand and leading me to the balcony. I sat down on one of the chairs and over looked my breakfast. The was one big Belgian waffle on a plate with powdered sugar and blue berries on top. Next to it, in a cup were strawberries and sliced bananas. Matt had a short stack of pancakes with butter sitting on the top. Three pieces of bacon were sitting on a saucer plate next to his food. And we each had a glass of orange juice. I looked over the balcony and we had a view of the beach. The water was lapping the sand and everything was peaceful. Seagulls were talking to each other and flying over the ocean looking for their breakfast. There was a cool breeze because of the ocean. I looked away from this view and over to Matt, who was looking at me. "The view is beautiful." I said. Matt nodded and looked over the balcony.

I began to eat my breakfast and so did Matt. He swallowed some of his food and asked, "What are you going to do today? I feel bad leaving you for three hours."

"I'm going to finish my book and probably go to the lounge. I'll find something to do." I answered. Matt took another bite of his pancakes and he nodded.

~~~

Matt left almost an hour ago to go start Magcon. I finally finished the book I was reading so I decided to put on my slippers and go down to the lounge. That was a bad idea. The lobby was swarming with teenage girls and I got nervous. Everyone looked at me whenever I got off the elevator. I had to push pasted a lot of people to get to the lounge. I stopped at the gift shop first so I could get a bag of chips.

When I made it to the lounge, nobody was in there. It was just me. There was a wall with five computers and there were a few chairs and couches to sit on. My eye caught the pool table. I went over to set it up. I grabbed a cue and began to play pool. I was interrupted though when three girls entered. "Excuse me?" one of them said. I looked up at them. "Are you the girl who Matt was with last night?" she asked.

"How did you know that I was with Matt last night?" I asked, standing up straighter.

"Well, Jack Gilinsky tweeted a picture of all of you guys last night and we noticed that a girl was sitting with Matt." another one said. This girl had the tips of her hair dyed blue and she was wearing a crown. Typical.

"Yeah, I was with Matt last night. But we're just friends." I told them.

"Then who's the girl he keeps tweeting about?" she asked.

"What?" The girl walked up to me and handed me her phone. Before I started reading Matt's tweets I asked, "What are your names?"

"I'm Clarissa." the one wearing the flower crown said.

"I'm Lizzy." a girl wearing a skater skirt and a pair of glasses said.

"I'm Brenna." the first girl who talked to me said. I nodded and looked at Matt's tweets.

@/TheMattEspinosa: I want to wake up next to you everyday

@/TheMattEspinosa: You mean the world to me.

@/TheMattEspinosa: You're worth missing homecoming.

@/TheMattEspinosa: I don't dance, but here I am, spinning you around in circles.

@/TheMattEspinosa: I could buy you daisies for the rest of my life.

I looked back up at the girls and shook my head. "T-those aren't about me." I stuttered.

"Well, do you know who they're about?" Lizzy asked. I shook my head again.

"I wish I did. Matt doesn't tell me much about his dating life." I chuckled. They all nodded and looked at me.

"I understand. Do you have a Twittter?" Brenna asked. I nodded and told them my username. The girls searched me and they all looked up at me at the same time. "What's in your hair?" Brenna asked.

"Um... daisies." I answered.

"Did Matt buy you those daisies?" Clarissa asked.

"Um, isn't the event starting soon? You guys should get back." I said, changing the subject.

"He did, didn't he!" Lizzy exclaimed.

"Yes he did, but the other tweets aren't about me." I said and went back to playing pool.

"Okay well, if you can, can you tell Matt we said hi?" Brenna asked.

"Sure." I smiled. The girls walked out of the room and I went back to my game.

~~~

After the event, Matt and I went up to the room and got ready for dinner. I changed in a black and nude dress with the side cutout, black heels, and a pair of gold bracelets.

We met the rest of the boys in the lobby.

"Hey, Ellie. I'm sorry about yesterday. Matt told me that you just recently learned how to swim. I didn't know." Nash said.

"It's fine. I was really mad, I was just upset and it scared me, that's why I ran off." I replied.

We all moved outside and waited for the limousine to take us to the restaurant. We had our own private party room and I sat in between Shawn and Matt.

Matt's POV

I sat next to Ellie during dinner, but she seemed to be ignoring me the whole time. She was talking to Shawn and it was obvious he was flirting with her. Even though we aren't dating, I feel that Shawn shouldn't be flirting with her.

I noticed Taylor giving me looks and I knew he saw what I saw. "Hold on, let me ask Matt." I heard Ellie say. She turned away from Shawn and looked at me.

"Can I go hang out with Shawn in his room after dinner?" she asked. I was floored that she asked such a question.

"Um.."

"You can come if you want." she offered.

"Yeah, we all can hang out together." I gave her a weak smile and she reached down and grabbed my hand. Ellie smiled at me and turned back Shawn. I didn't want her hanging out with Shawn tonight. I wanted to take her downtown but I now I can't. I was jealous that Ellie wasn't paying attention to me tonight. I just decided to ignore the fact and joined in a conversation with Taylor and Aaron.

« PrevNext »