Chapter 9

Info ▼You See the Invisible

9)
I was laying on the couch downstairs whenever my mom walked in. "Hey sweetie, how are you doing?" she asked.

"I'm feeling a little better." I said, following her into the kitchen. The mail from today was in her hand and handed me an envelope. It was from my dad.

"I have a question for you." she said.

"What?"

"What's the status with you and Matthew? What are you guys?" she said with a smile. I shrugged again as a smile crept onto my face.

"I don't know. I mean we've been on a date and exchanged kisses, but other than that, I don't really think we're anything. I don't really think he likes me." I frowned and sat at the kitchen table.

"Why do you think that? His reaction last night whenever he saw you, convinced me he likes you." My cheeks flushed red and I looked down. "I'm ordering Chinese for dinner. What do you want?" she asked.

"Um, sesame chicken with fried rice." I stood up from the table and went up to my room. I turned on my Christmas lights and the Ed Sheeran CD on. I sat at my desk and opened the letter from my dad. A picture fell out as I unfolded the letter. It was of my dad sitting on a rock and a big smile was on his face. I turned the picture over and it said, "Now you can keep me inside the pocket of your ripped jeans." I smiled and slipped the picture in my pocket.

After reading it, I grabbed a piece of paper and started to write.

Dear Dad,

Everything is alright back here. Michael is captain of the lacrosse team and is taking care of the house. I met this boy named Matthew. Well, the only reason I met him is because my teacher is making me tutor him in chemistry. He's one of popular boys in school. He's actually really nice, surprisingly. We went out on a date the other night. Matthew and his friend, Taylor, set up an outdoor movie theater. After that, we came back home and went up on the roof. I pointed out constellations like a nerd. I can't believe I actually did that. It sucks though, because I don't think he likes me. I like him, even though I shouldn't. I told him about you on our date. I really hope you could meet him. Remember how I told you I love Ed Sheeran? Well guess what? Matthew gave me his CD and tickets to his concert next month! I'm probably going to go with Matthew. Another thing about Matthew is that he hates whenever you call him Matthew. He prefers Matt. But for some reason, he doesn't care whenever I do it. I always call him Matthew and he doesn't really care. Anyway, you probably don't want to hear about my boy drama, even though it's not really drama. Please stay safe and I love you more.

Your Dearest Eleanor.

« PrevNext »