Chapter 20

Sign Up Quotev ▼

Scroll
Info ▼You See the Invisible

20)
Matt's POV

I was woken up at two in the morning. Ellie was fidgeting in my arms. I noticed her expressions changing. She looked scared and nervous and angry. She began moving around even more and I was trying to hold onto her. "Ellie, calm down." I tried to comfort her, but she didn't hear me. She began screaming and tears rolled down her cheeks. Something was hurting her. Something in her dream was scaring her. "DAD!!!" she screamed. She was shaking and squirming in my arms and I didn't know what to do. "Ellie, wake up." I told her. "Please Ellie, wake up. It's just a dream, it's not real." Ellie still didn't wake up. She was scaring me and I began to cry, not knowing how to help her.

Ellie shot up screaming. Her back was towards me and her body was shaking, she was crying. "Ellie, tell me what's wrong."

"My father." she whispered.

"What happened?"

"He died. I saw him die. He was shot in the head."

"Ellie, look at me." I told her, touching her shoulder. She pushed my hand away and stood up from the couch. She still wasn't looking at me. "Ellie, talk to me." I said, softly.

"Please, leave me alone." She stormed off into the kitchen and I followed after her. Ellie was standing in the middle of the kitchen floor shaking again from crying. I grabbed her arm and she faced me. Before she could say anything I grabbed her face and pressed my lips into hers. She kissed me back and I felt her warm tears touch me cheeks. She stopped shaking and her body relaxed in my arms. I backed her up to the kitchen counter and I held her hips as she kissed me. Everything felt perfect. We continued to kiss for what felt like forever. Her arms were wrapped around my neck and her hands were running through my hair. I finally pulled away from her and rested my forehead on hers. "You're okay. It wasn't real." I breathed. I brought my hand up to her face and wiped the rest of her tears away. She didn't say anything to me, but wrapped herself around me. She was hugging me and I just held her.

We were standing in the darkness of her kitchen. I was staring out the window above her kitchen sink. The stars were out and they were shining down on us through the window.

Ellie finally let go of me and walked back to the living room. Her and I sat on the couch facing each other. Ellie reached across and took my hand. I noticed her corsage wasn't on her hand. Ellie began to play with my fingers and loved the way she touched them. Her hands were so soft. "Matt." she said.

"What?" I whispered.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" she asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"You are the only one at school who gives me the time of day. You aren't afraid to be seen with me, either leaving or entering the school. You stood up for me against the soccer team. You missed homecoming and came over here to hang out with me." she said, pausing for a moment before she continued. "I'm so used to be called a 'freak' or a 'nerd.' You don't call me that though. You tell me I'm beautiful and you are the only person that makes me believe it."

I was waiting for her to tell me that she liked me. I wanted so badly to admit it to her. I don't understand why I don't just tell her. I told Nash that by Magcon I'd be dating her.

"Ellie, I have to tell you something." I said, drawing in a deep breath.

"Wait." she said. "I have something to tell you, too."

I felt my heartbeat speed up and I got butterflies in my stomach again. "Okay, you go first." I told her.

"I'm so glad to have you. You aren't the same boy I met a month ago at the end of chemistry class. I'm happy we're friends." she said, leaning in and hugging me. I felt my heart drop to my stomach. I should have went first. I wanted to tell her that we are so much more than friends.

"I'm glad we're friends too." I sighed, hugging her right back.
« PrevNext »