Chapter 18

Info ▼You See the Invisible

18)
Matt's POV

I stared at Ellie in amazement. "I can't believe you know that." I told her. She just shrugged it off. This girl is amazing. She teaches me something every day. We could be studying for chemistry and veer off and tell me about the stars or how rainbows are formed. It's truly amazing. She even convinced me to read a book.

I'm upset that she's not coming to homecoming tomorrow. Honestly, I didn't know I was going to fall for her this hard. I can't cancel with Meghan, and Ellie doesn't even have a dress.

My thoughts were interrupted when the florist came back out with my boutonniere. I saw Ellie's eyes light up again. I knew what she was thinking. She was thinking about how beautifully the flowers go together. To me, they just look like flowers, but to her, it's like gold. "What's your favorite flower?" I asked her. She smiled back at me.

"Daisies." she whispered, as if it were her greatest secret that no one else could her. I turned to the florist. "Do you have any daisies?" I asked. She looked at me, and then over to Ellie, who wandered away from me and began looking at different flower arrangements. The lady smiled at me and nodded.

"Give me a second." she said. She left and came back in a few minutes. "I cut the stem down for you." she winked.

"How did you know what I was doing with it?" I asked.

"Honey, I've been working her for 35 years. I know what boys like you do."

I smiled at her and took out my wallet. "How much for the daisy?"

"Free of charge." I nodded and thanked her.

"Ellie, are you ready to go?" I asked. She turned away from a flower arrangement and nodded. I hid the daisy from her and we walked out to my truck. I put the flowers in the backseat with my tuxedo and got in the driver's seat. Before I started the car, I turned toward's Ellie. She noticed and turned towards me. "I got you something."

She looked confused and tilted her head. I grabbed the daisy and reached out to her. She recently pulled her hair up into a bun. I reached over to her and placed the daisy in her bun. I noticed her blushing as I did this. I looked at her and she looked so beautiful. She looked like fairy with the flower in her hair. Ellie stared back at me and everything in the world felt right.

Ellie's POV

Matt and I entered my house and went up to my room. "Can you take a picture of me with the daisy in my hair?" I asked, excitedly. Matt chuckled and I gave him my phone. He took a picture of me and gave me my phone back.

"Thank you so much." I said.

"You're welcome. I have to get home, I'll see you tomorrow morning." Matt stood up from my bed and walked out of my room.

I grabbed my phone and opened the picture of me. I smiled at it. I loved that Matthew bought me a daisy and put it in my hair. I loved the picture he took. I loved that he was being so nice to me.

I went on Twitter and posted the photo: Elliephant: I'd rather have flowers in my hair than diamonds around my neck.

After I posted the photo, I searched for Matt. Once I found it, I followed him and began to read his tweets. The first one I read was posted 2 minutes ago. TheMattEspinosa: I could buy you daisies for the rest of my life.

That was about me. Matthew Espinosa indirectly tweeted about me. Soon, my phone started to vibrate from a bunch of Twitter messages. People noticed. They noticed Matt tweeted about me.

Everything was interrupted by my mom calling my name. "Ellie! I'm home and I brought dinner." I got up from my bed and went downstairs.

"How was you're day?" she asked.

"It was perfect. I went with Matt to get his tux and the flowers for homecoming. He actually bought me daisies." I turned my head to show her. "And, he indirectly tweeted about me."

"Well, it sounds to me that you like him."

"But, I don't know if I do."

Matt's POV

I sat on my bed reading "The Last Lecture." I was only a few chapters into the book and I was interested. Eleanor Bartolini convinced me to read a book. I began to think about and how she looked at me in the car. I wanted this girl in the most innocent way possible and I didn't know how I was getting her.
« PrevNext »