Chapter 11 - Josephine

Josephine

Hero's words resonate in my mind as if in an infinite loop:"Nothing happened..."

No in fact, what do you want it to be?

I just kissed you, taken by a rush of I don't know what exactly and you reciprocated me almost immediately sending my brain into jelly so much that I think I haven't recovered yet !!!

Everything is fine!!!
Nothing really happened !!!

It's something that happens to me every day.
I go around kissing people, so why do I feel like it!!!

I kissed him.

I do not believe it!!!
What went through my head!!!
How am I going to look him in the eye now?!?
Oh damn!!! I won't have the courage to look at him anymore!!!
I kissed him many times because of the movie but this time it's different.
Tonight I would have gladly jumped on him if it hadn't been all those people.

I have to calm down.

What stupid thoughts!
Could it be alcohol ???
Jumping on my best friend!
What nonsense!!!
I lean back against the door I just closed behind me and slide to the floor with a sigh.
What the hell jumped into my mind, everything was fine until now!
Maybe the nonsense was considering him my best friend !!!
This is the truth! I sigh.
Tomorrow we will have TV interviews here in Los Angeles and it means that we will always be together.
Shane will only be with us on the weekend and it's only Wednesday!
I won't be able to count on him for at least another two days!
Despair is total!
How am I going to be alone with him in the same room ???
I could pretend to be sick but it wouldn't last long!

No ... Or ...Waits! I'm calling Emma! I need her help!

What time will it be in Perth?
Oh who cares, I call her the same!
I look for the phone, but without success. I am so caught up in my thoughts that I don't immediately feel someone is knocking on the door.

"Jo, it's me. Can you open it please? I don't want to go to sleep knowing you misunderstood my words."

Misunderstood what exactly.
He said it was nothing, clearer than that!I don't think there is much to add and he is now the last person I want to see!
I do not answer.

"Really, let's talk about it for a minute, please," he continues outside my door.
How can I tell him no?
I am not mad at him, I am just confused and I feel a fool for making such a hasty decision as to kiss him without thinking about it first.
I get up and open the door.
Away with the tooth, away with the pain.

"Hey " He smiles at me surprised that he has finally opened.
I look at him in silence a little embarrassed.
I don't know whether to cry or scream at him.

"Do you want to know how much I liked the kiss we gave each other tonight?" He whispers.
I remain silent as he takes a step closer.
He touches my cheek with his hand, slowly.
I close my eyes as chills run down my spine.
I sigh and open my eyes again, losing myself in him.
He comes a little closer, our noses touch softly and he stops close to my lips with quickened breathing.
I want to see what he's going to do, I'm not going to make the first move this time.
His other hand lands on my side and my breathing quickens.
My heart is literally in my mouth.
I don't think about anything anymore, just his touch on me and the emotions I'm feeling.
He bites his lip and runs his tongue over it as he always does when he's excited.
I copy his gesture by reflex.
We both smile and it's amazing how my body responds to him immediately.
He draws me closer to him as his lips part and touch mine softly making me escape a moan of pleasure from the emotion of the contact.
His tongue finds mine, leaving me breathless for endless seconds.
I respond immediately to the kiss, hungry for his contact.
A rush of shivers runs through my body leaving me with a feeling of wonderful happiness.
I put my hands behind his neck, pulling him more towards me, as the kiss continues in a crescendo of emotions.
How could I have even thought it was nonsense what we had done.
The nonsense is not having done this before!
We stop, practically breathless, returning to smile on each other's mouth.
I am happy. Now I really am.
We have to stop though because I don't know what could happen if we go on kissing like this.
In fact, I have an idea, but we've just found each other and it doesn't seem like a great idea to rush things.
I don't know what will happen from now on, but now I'm happy and that's the important thing.

"What do you say? Is it enough as an answer?" He looks at me smiling.

"Well for now I'd say yes. I'll make it enough!" I make fun of him.

"It's nice to see you smile." He strokes my cheek.

"Don't think about getting by like this. You'll have to be forgiven! I spent hellish minutes !!!"

"Anything you want! You ask and you will have." He smiles on my lips.

I think I have heart eyes right now but I'm really into jujube soup.

"Are you okay now? No thoughts?" He asks.

"Strangely yes." I smile.
For a brainworm like me this is almost a rarity.

"I'm sorry I said it's nothing. You are everything! And kissing you is the best thing ever!"

I am captivated by his gaze and his words.
"How about if we get some sleep now and see you in the morning?" He kisses me on the forehead.
I wish I didn't have to say goodbye.
I should ask him to come in and stay in the room with me.

"Okay." I'm kind of in a trance and I can't take my eyes off him.
He kisses me softly and whispers on my lips "Goodnight Jo"

As he goes to his room he throws me a kiss and I can't help but laugh like a fool.

"Goodnight Hero."

I guess I'll get little sleep tonight.