Tony

a year has passed since star first met her soon-to-be soulmates and she is still as clueless as ever. she doesn't really mind though because she thinks it's cool that the avengers sometimes come to her choir concerts or random family get-togethers. For a while, she thought that maybe her mother was soulmate with them because you'd see them have private conversations all the time about who knows what. 

 But your mother shut that down quickly. 

"What! no-no-no. them? ne-VER."

And so you thought that maybe, just maybe they were your soulmates. But then they stopped coming around and when they did they looked at you like they were sad puppies or angry sharks(Loki). except one. 

Tony Stark. 

       He always showed up to every concert, every show, every victory you had for as long as you knew him. He was always there when you needed him. sometimes he even picked you up from school in his fancy car like a red corvette or a blue convertible. The first time he picked you up was in a black Acura or Toyota which was on the subtle side but I think he was just warming up for what was to come. and Woah did that make you look cool? 

You can feel it on the way home

he even cooked dinner, drove you around town, and even sometimes brought Natasha or Thor with him. of course I can't do this every night because my mom is somewhat strict. She wants me to grow up to be something great like a doctor or lawyer. Things she wished for herself. 

Tony always says I don't need to worry about after high school, that I should live with him.

      I can't even tell if when he says things like that he's being serious. Sometimes our hands will touch and he immediately pulls away, or if we're too close to each other he distances himself.

  I guess it makes sense. A hot older guy seen with a young teenage girl, yeah doesn't look so good. 

     but other times when we're alone ill catch him staring at me, or he will bring his face so close to mine I feel his breath on my cheeks. But then quickly turn his face away with a cheeky smile. now everyone knows that most of the avengers are mated so when he does these things I know they are in no way romantic. but just sometimes I wonder...

"Star get ready. were having dinner with the avengers" my mom pokes her head in and smiles. I was so lost in thought I completely forgot were going to dinner! I go to my closet and -------

(Guys we dress like Elena Gilbert because that's how I dress and I'm self-centered :>        )

then I check my hair and I already had some makeup on from the school day so I only reapply chapstick and walk out. 

"mom where are you??" I shout walking down the stairs. looking outside the window to see if she was waiting in the car. That would mean I took too long, and she was pissed. please please please don't be in the car, pl-

"the kitchen." I hear her voice call. I turn my steps and walk to the kitchen to find....everyone? that's weird why are all the avengers here? Some greet me, some wave and some just look away. this didn't hurt because I was used to this from them. 

"change of plans star we're eating in." You look up to see tony, and you walked over to stand next to him. gifting him your warmth and a small bunny smile. 

The others watch with envy as you go to Tony without hesitation.

 They wish they were just as close with you, and believe them they tried but not being able to tell you they were meant to be with you was so hard. especially since they finally thought they were complete with their most recent mate, Peter Parker.

 But he was different because even when he didn't know they were mated he still wanted to be around them, to talk with them, to care for them. 

But you? You were independent and didn't need their conversation which was very strange, since that's the treatment they're used to.  And when you brush them aside and want to go places without them they felt so hurt. and having the soulmate bond did not help at all. 

So they distanced themselves and made it so you couldn't hurt them anymore(which actually didn't help). 

but Tony couldn't do it.

 He wanted you all to be whole and have there be no damage when you find out you were bonded to them. He thought that if you had got to know of them then it wouldn't be so hard to find out you were the missing piece. 

little did he know.